Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Loss of smell (Smell - impaired)?
Summary: Loss of smell is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zithromax, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,573 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Loss of smell. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of smell and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Loss of smell >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,109 Amlodipine besylate users)
Loss of smell
Loss of smell has been reported by people with nasopharyngitis, high blood pressure, sinusitis, nasal congestion, asthma. (latest reports from 6,771 Loss of smell patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 14 people (0.08%) have Loss Of Smell.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Loss of smell * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of smell when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Loss of smell||35.71%||64.29% |
Age of people who have Loss of smell when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Loss of smell||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||69.23%||30.77% |
Severity of Loss of smell when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of smell ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of smell||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High blood pressure (2 people, 14.29%)
- Nasal congestion (1 people, 7.14%)
- Cough (1 people, 7.14%)
- Tremor (1 people, 7.14%)
- Nasopharyngitis (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zithromax (6 people, 42.86%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 42.86%)
- Gemfibrozil (6 people, 42.86%)
- Lorazepam (6 people, 42.86%)
- Atenolol (6 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and loss of smell on
Do you have Loss Of Smell while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Loss Of Smell
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Loss Of Smell
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has High Clostrol
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.