Home > Amlodipine besylate > Peripheral neuropathy > Amlodipine besylate and Peripheral neuropathy
Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Peripheral neuropathy?
Summary: Peripheral neuropathy is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have Hypertension.
We study 17,508 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Peripheral neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Peripheral neuropathy >>>
Amlodipine besylate (latest outcomes from 19,048 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Peripheral neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system) (latest reports from 26,783 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 17,508 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 37 people (0.21%) have Peripheral Neuropathy.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Peripheral neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||42.11%||57.89% |
Age of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.75%||81.25% |
Severity of Peripheral neuropathy when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Peripheral neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Peripheral neuropathy||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 32.43%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 29.73%)
- Ill-defined disorder (4 people, 10.81%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (3 people, 8.11%)
- Neuropathy - peripheral (2 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (12 people, 32.43%)
- Hyzaar (11 people, 29.73%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (6 people, 16.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Peripheral Neuropathy while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Peripheral Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Peripheral Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can unexplained hypertension be cause by a partial thyroidectomy?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has BP 135/77 Even After Increasing Meds, and takes Acetaminophen, Fluticasone Propionate, Allegra D 24 Hour, Nexium, Valsartan, Metoprolol Succinate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Doc is trying to figure out why the BP suddenly spiked. I started an exercise regimen after a stress test. I had to be on Metoprolol just to pass the test. Results were no heart-related issues. Lost 6lbs. since starting exercise and don't know if this is Thyroidal or not. No discussion with the ...
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Can an im phenergan injection cause neuropathy, where the injection was given?
(Asked by a 38 year old woman who has Neuropathy, and takes Phenergan)
I was given a phenergan injection in PACU. Once I was discharged and home, I felt numbness in my leg where the injection was given. I called my MD and was told the numbness was from the position my leg was in during surgery. It has now been 5 months and my upper thigh has neuropathy. Can Phenerga ...
- May iuuse viagra after a hemorrhagic stroke ?
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Ed A Nd I Had Ahemmorhagic Stroke, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Valsartan)
I had a hemmorhagic stroke in March 2014 and wonder if I may safely use Viagra
- I am prescribed amlodopine for high blood pressure, 10mg daily. is it okay to combine garcinia cambogia for weight loss?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Amlodipine)
I have a prescription of Amlodipine 10mg tabs for high blood pressure. I would like to begin taking Garcinia Cambogia and would like to hear if anyone has had any adverse reaction to this combination or positive results, as well.
More questions for: Amlodipine besylate, Peripheral neuropathy
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Amlo dipine and terazosin
(Posted by a 66 year old man who has High Blood Pressure, BPH, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride, Amlodipine Besylate)
I have taken combination since 04/13 I have experienced ED lower testosterone and elevated PSA. Prior to that I was taking terazosin and hydrochorizide without any side effects. I stop taking the amlodipine during a juice fast and my PSA levels decreased when I stopped fasting and returned to taking ...
- Adderall xr 30 mg and peripheral neuropathy
(Posted by a 19 year old girl who has Peripheral Neuropathy, and takes Adderall Xr 30)
I have been taking adderall xr 30 mg for the past five years, with some breaks. I started showing symptoms of peripheral neuropathy the second year. This year (my 5th year on adderall) has been the worst and most difficult for my peripheral neuropathy. I also suffer from major depressive disorder an ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
(Posted by a 72 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Hashimotos Thyroidism, Prehypertension, and takes Armour Thyroid, Celebrex, Norvasc)
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
- High blood pressure - find the right medication
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Graves Disease, Essential High Blood Pressure, and takes Lisinopril, Losartan, Amlodipine, Levothyroxine Sodium)
I was going through the menopause with all the usual drama when I started feeling awful. Doc said that my blood pressure was through the roof and prescribed Lisinopril. This gave me technicolour dreams and a runny nose, so he switched me to Losartan. This made me soooo tired that I didn't want to ...
More reviews for: Amlodipine besylate, Peripheral neuropathy
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Neurontin, Adderall Xr 20, Desipramine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D for a patient with Asthma Exercise Induced, Migraine, Add, Major Depression, Overall Wellness. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Fatigue, Depression
Comments: Increased dreaming and sleepwalking on neurontin. Found it affects me like clockwork. I must take it by 7pm in order to get up by 6am; otherwise I'm too woozy to drive even by 8am. Trying to make sure I took it early enough, I've taken at 6pm, but I wake up at 5am (I'm not a morning person!) like ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Ambien, Fioricet W/ Codeine, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin D, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Metformin, Onglyza, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Benicar Hct, Metoprolol Succinate for a patient with Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Complicated Migraine, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vitamin D Abnormal, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Hypertension. The patient has Painful Response To Normal Stimuli, Depression Aggravated, Aggression Aggravated, Muscle Spasms, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension
Comments: Recently Dxd w/ toxic multinodular goiter/hyperthyroidism. Fibromyalgia for 20+ years. Had to titrate off Savella 100 mg. BID due to hyperthyroidism. Now all above symptoms have worsened. Because thyroid blood work was in normal range ( although I had been on low iodine diet for 2 months, which shou ...
- A study of side effects of Ranexa for a patient with Angina. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: This condition has caused me to have to take 900mg of Neurontin per day, which was prescribed by my Nurse Practioner, after my so called Cardiologist put me on Ranexa. Thank GOD for my Nurse Practioner!! I started having side effects 3 days after being put on this awful drug, saw my Cardio 5 days af ...
- A study of drug interactions between Celebrex, Lisinopril, Lovastatin, Metformin for a patient with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Neuropathy
Comments: I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in late Dec. of 2012/early Jan. of 2013. I was put on a treament of Metformin and lovastatin. About a month to 6 weeks later, I began to get a warm sensation in my feet, as if I was walking on a heated floor. This sensation has now spread over my entire body. I a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Rabeprazole Sodium, Norvasc for a patient with Acid Reflux, Hypertension. The patient has Retinal Vein Occlusion
Comments: RVO occurred roughly 10 days after taking a generic form of Norvasc. Normal vision returned roughly 3 days after discontinuing Norvasc. Roughly 3 weeks later the RVO returned. Returned to using Norvasc per prescribed 5mg/day taking 1/2 dose twice daily. No improvement in vision and may be getting wo ...
More related studies for: Amlodipine besylate, Peripheral neuropathy
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Avocado and Nocturnal Emission
- Isentress and Gynecomastia
- Hair Loss and Liver Abscess
- Dizziness and Trileptal
- Seizures and Dizziness
- Did you have a heart fibrillations and anxiety and depression
I was a pretty calm and relaxed person until I started ome ... (5 hours ago)
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (11 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (11 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (16 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (3 days ago)