Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Peripheral neuropathy?
Summary: Peripheral neuropathy is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lipitor, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,561 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 28 have Peripheral neuropathy. Find out below who they are, when they have Peripheral neuropathy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Peripheral neuropathy >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,104 Amlodipine besylate users)
Peripheral neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 10,595 Peripheral neuropathy patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 37 people (0.21%) have Peripheral Neuropathy.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Peripheral neuropathy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||42.11%||57.89% |
Age of people who have Peripheral neuropathy when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||18.75%||81.25% |
Severity of Peripheral neuropathy when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peripheral neuropathy||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33% |
How people recovered from Peripheral neuropathy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Peripheral neuropathy||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (12 people, 32.43%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (11 people, 29.73%)
- Ill-defined disorder (4 people, 10.81%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (3 people, 8.11%)
- Neuropathy - peripheral (2 people, 5.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (12 people, 32.43%)
- Hyzaar (11 people, 29.73%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Acetylsalicylic acid srt (6 people, 16.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and peripheral neuropathy on
Do you have Peripheral Neuropathy while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Peripheral Neuropathy
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Peripheral Neuropathy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of NORVASC for a 54-year old woman with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Right Knee And Leg With Rash Around Knee
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Fenofibrate for a 54-year old man with Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Creatine Urine, Low Egfr
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Amlodipine for a 59-year old man with Low Thyroid, Mood, Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Shoulder
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.