Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
Summary: Rapid heart beat is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lisinopril, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,573 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 145 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,115 Amlodipine besylate users)
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,719 Rapid heart beat patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 145 people (0.83%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||23.81%||61.90%||9.52%||4.76%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Rapid heart beat||63.03%||36.97% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.67%||0.67%||1.33%||7.33%||12.00%||15.33%||62.67% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (53 people, 36.55%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 8.97%)
- Thyroid disorder (13 people, 8.97%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 6.90%)
- Diarrhoea (7 people, 4.83%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (33 people, 22.76%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 18.62%)
- Norvasc (15 people, 10.34%)
- Synthroid (15 people, 10.34%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (15 people, 10.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine besylate and rapid heart beat on
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old man with Prostration, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Glipizide, Vitamin D, Simvastatin, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Tramadol, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Januvia for a 63-year old woman with Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Chronic Kidney Disease, High Blood Cholesterol, Pain - Bones, Depression, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Thigh Pain
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a 57-year old woman with Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has High Clostrol
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Latanoprost, Atenolol, Amlodipine for a 81-year old man with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Eye Degenerative Disorder, Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Pain, Feeling Hot, Diabetes Mellitus, Swelling Face, Puffy Face
- A study of drug interactions between Dorzolamide Hydrochloride; Timolol Maleate, Prednisolone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Valsartan for a 64-year old woman with Glaucoma, Retinal Detachment, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.