Review: could Amlodipine besylate cause Urinary incontinence?
Summary: Urinary incontinence is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have High blood pressure.
We study 17,561 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA and social media. Among them, 58 have Urinary incontinence. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary incontinence and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Urinary incontinence >>>
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 19,104 Amlodipine besylate users)
Urinary incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain. (latest reports from 18,523 Urinary incontinence patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 17,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate. Among them, 58 people (0.33%) have Urinary Incontinence.
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Urinary incontinence * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary incontinence||83.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Urinary incontinence||77.38%||22.62% |
Age of people who have Urinary incontinence when taking Amlodipine besylate * :
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.67%||2.67%||46.67%||48.00% |
Severity of Urinary incontinence when taking Amlodipine besylate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Urinary incontinence ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Urinary incontinence||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (37 people, 63.79%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (30 people, 51.72%)
- Arthralgia (30 people, 51.72%)
- Ingrowing nail (30 people, 51.72%)
- Convulsion (30 people, 51.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (36 people, 62.07%)
- Furosemide (33 people, 56.90%)
- Losartan potassium (32 people, 55.17%)
- Lisinopril (31 people, 53.45%)
- Clonidine (31 people, 53.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Amlodipine besylate and urinary incontinence on
Do you have Urinary Incontinence while taking Amlodipine Besylate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate and have Urinary Incontinence
- support group for people who take Amlodipine besylate
- support group for people who have Urinary Incontinence
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of NORVASC for a 54-year old woman with Pulmonary Hypertension. The patient has Swollen Right Knee And Leg With Rash Around Knee
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 75-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body)
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Fenofibrate for a 54-year old man with Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Creatine Urine, Low Egfr
- A study of side effects of Bactrim Ds for a 31-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Incontinence - Urinary (involuntary leakage of urine)
Recent Amlodipine besylate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.