Amlodipine besylate and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Amlodipine besylate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have Diabetes. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Amlodipine besylate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,112 people who have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
25,112 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine besylate.
Among them, 107 people (0.43%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amlodipine besylate when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Amlodipine besylate *:
- female: 61.68 %
- male: 38.32 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Amlodipine besylate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.13 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 6.41 %
- 50-59: 19.23 %
- 60+: 69.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Diabetes (10 people, 9.35%)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia (9 people, 8.41%)
- Multiple Myeloma (8 people, 7.48%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (8 people, 7.48%)
- Depression (7 people, 6.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (22 people, 20.56%)
- Furosemide (15 people, 14.02%)
- Allopurinol (13 people, 12.15%)
- Lantus (9 people, 8.41%)
- Diovan (9 people, 8.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (20 people, 18.69%)
- Fatigue (17 people, 15.89%)
- Pleural Effusion (16 people, 14.95%)
- Weakness (14 people, 13.08%)
- Weight Increased (13 people, 12.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention when taking Amlodipine besylate?
- Check symptoms - is water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWater retention and drugs with ingredients of amlodipine besylate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Amlodipine besylate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amlodipine besylate has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Amlodipine besylate 28,503 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Amlodipine besylatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am an obese 62-year-old male who is inactive and sits at a computer most of the day. I was taking amlodipine for 8 years and have had several bouts of water retention and had to have Lasix therapy on and off.I began having muscle spasms and thought maybe it was from an imbalance of magnesium, ...
User reviews to the study
What is an alternative to Amplodipine, I have serious side effects, including weight loss, weakness and loss of appetitite. My doctors wants me to stay on the med because my blood pressure remains high. But there must be something else I can take. This drug has been banned in Holland.