Review: could Amlodipine cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Amlodipine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amlodipine besylate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 44,970 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 204 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 46,644 Amlodipine users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain. (latest reports from 28,939 Anaphylaxis patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 44,970 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine. Among them, 204 people (0.45%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Amlodipine when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Amlodipine * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Amlodipine * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Amlodipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (73 people, 35.78%)
- Ill-defined disorder (18 people, 8.82%)
- Asthma (12 people, 5.88%)
- Prophylaxis (7 people, 3.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (6 people, 2.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine besylate (61 people, 29.90%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 17.16%)
- Lisinopril (24 people, 11.76%)
- Simvastatin (21 people, 10.29%)
- Furosemide (17 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine and anaphylaxis on
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Amlodipine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Amlodipine
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Potassium Chloride, Magnesium Glycinate, Norvasc for a 62-year old woman with Low Blood Potassium, Low Blood Magnesium, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Appetite, Unsteadiness, Hungry After Eat, Disorientation, Fatigue - Chronic, Nausea, Tremor, Confusion, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Topiramate, Aggrenox, Donepezil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 88-year old woman with Headache, Stroke Risk, Dementia, Thyroid, Cholesterosis, Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Tacrolimus, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension, Lichen Planus, Sinusitis. The patient has Skin Burning Sensation
- A study of side effects of Allegra for a 49-year old woman with Allergies. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock
- A study of drug interactions between PROZAC, BENICAR, ESTRADIOL, AMLODIPINE for a 62-year old woman with Depression, Hypertension, Hrt. The patient has Depression, Fat Intolerance, Irritability, Diarrhea
Recent Amlodipine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Enalapril Maleate for a 66-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Prazosin Hydrochloride, PROZAC, Sildenafil Citrate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Major Depression, Anxiety
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Furosemide, Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 71-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.