Review: could Amlodipine cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Amlodipine, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Amlodipine besylate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 44,970 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 46,633 Amlodipine users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,224 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 44,956 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine. Among them, 160 people (0.36%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Amlodipine when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||5.00%||15.00%||13.33%||21.67%||26.67%||11.67%||6.67% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.61%||99.39% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.83%||2.07%||13.10%||50.34%||29.66% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.57%||42.86%||39.29%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||4.00%||96.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (51 people, 31.87%)
- High blood pressure (18 people, 11.25%)
- Erectile dysfunction (17 people, 10.62%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 8.75%)
- Gout (11 people, 6.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine besylate (104 people, 65.00%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 18.75%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (26 people, 16.25%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 15.62%)
- Viagra (19 people, 11.88%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Amlodipine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Amlodipine
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin for a 55-year old man with Prostatitis - Acute. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 52-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ed
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Lansoprazole for a 57-year old man with Blood Pressure Increased, Acid Reflux. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache, Acid Reflux
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Glipizide, Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor for a 71-year old man with Prosthesis, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Livalo for a 51-year old man with Low Thyroid, High Cholesterol. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
Recent Amlodipine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Duloxetine Hydrochloride, LOSARTAN, EQUETRO, METOPROLOL SUCCINATE, Amlodipine Besylate for a 57-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Isosorbide Mononitrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a 53-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Valium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.