Home > Amlodipine > Erectile dysfunction > Amlodipine and Erectile dysfunction
Review: could Amlodipine cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
We study 44,874 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 157 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Amlodipine (latest outcomes from 46,515 users) has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Erectile dysfunction (latest reports from 130,113 patients) has been reported by people with erection problems, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, hair loss.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 44,874 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine. Among them, 157 people (0.35%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Amlodipine when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||5.26%||15.79%||14.04%||22.81%||26.32%||8.77%||7.02% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.62%||99.38% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.93%||2.11%||13.38%||49.30%||30.28% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.77%||43.40%||39.62%||13.21% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||4.35%||95.65% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (51 people, 32.48%)
- Erectile dysfunction (17 people, 10.83%)
- High blood pressure (16 people, 10.19%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 8.92%)
- Gout (11 people, 7.01%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine besylate (103 people, 65.61%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 19.11%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (25 people, 15.92%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 15.92%)
- Viagra (19 people, 12.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Amlodipine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Amlodipine
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amlodipine, Erectile dysfunction
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Blood in semen 3 times after taking viagra
On three separate occasions, after using Viagra, I had large amounts of blood in my semen. This condition slowed down but each time produced blood in ejaculate for a period of 3 months EACH TIME. I went to a doctor each time, was tested for everything, ultrasounds , prostate, infection, all came bac ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Not a great experience
I was on norvasc for two months and had to go off because of severe swelling of feet and legs. Also rapid heart beat and very profuse sweating. it was horrible. It also raised my blood pressure. after going off BP dropped by @least 10 points both diastolic and systolic.
More reviews for: Amlodipine, Erectile dysfunction
On eHealthMe, Amlodipine (amlodipine besylate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Amlodipine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amlodipine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Erection Problems
- A study of drug interactions between Tadalafil, Aspirin, Allopurinol, Rosuvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine, Perindopril Erbumine for a patient with Erectile Dysfunction, Tia, Gout, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Bad Dreams
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
More related studies for: Amlodipine, Erectile dysfunction
Recent Amlodipine related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Amlodipine, Erectile dysfunction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vyvanse, Celexa for a 12-year old girl who has Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression (13 minutes ago)
- Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a 24-year old man who has Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression (49 minutes ago)
- Nexium, Singulair, Flovent Hfa, Ambien, Seroquel, Prozac for a 33-year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Asthma, Sleep Disorder, Depression (54 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (52 minutes ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Knee Replacement Total
- L Glutathione
- Uva Ursi
- Plaque Psoriasis