Review: could Amlodipine cause Erectile dysfunction (Erection problems)?
Summary: Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Amlodipine, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Amlodipine besylate, and have High blood pressure.
We study 44,956 people who have side effects while taking Amlodipine from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Erectile dysfunction. Find out below who they are, when they have Erectile dysfunction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Erectile dysfunction >>>
Amlodipine has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 46,605 Amlodipine users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, pain, hair loss. (latest reports from 32,192 Erectile dysfunction patients)
On Feb, 22, 2015: 44,934 people reported to have side effects when taking Amlodipine. Among them, 159 people (0.35%) have Erectile Dysfunction.
Time on Amlodipine when people have Erectile dysfunction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Erectile dysfunction||5.08%||15.25%||13.56%||22.03%||25.42%||11.86%||6.78% |
Gender of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.61%||99.39% |
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine * :
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.86%||2.08%||13.19%||50.00%||29.86% |
Severity of Erectile dysfunction when taking Amlodipine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Erectile dysfunction||3.64%||43.64%||40.00%||12.73% |
How people recovered from Erectile dysfunction ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Erectile dysfunction||0.00%||4.17%||95.83% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (51 people, 32.08%)
- Erectile dysfunction (17 people, 10.69%)
- High blood pressure (17 people, 10.69%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 8.81%)
- Gout (11 people, 6.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amlodipine besylate (103 people, 64.78%)
- Aspirin (30 people, 18.87%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (25 people, 15.72%)
- Lisinopril (25 people, 15.72%)
- Viagra (19 people, 11.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amlodipine and erectile dysfunction on
Do you have Erectile Dysfunction while taking Amlodipine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Erectile Dysfunction
- support group for people who take Amlodipine
- support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Viagra for a 83-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Brintellix, Xanax for a 28-year old man with Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Erectile Disturbance
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a 28-year old man with Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (pid). The patient has Erectile Dysfunction
- A study of drug interactions between Hyzaar, Amlodipine Besylate, Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 67-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Worse After Dying Hair, Itchiness Of Scalp And Body
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Progesterone, Synthroid, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Vytorin for a 48-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Menopuasal, Thyroid Disorder, High Choloesterol.
Recent Amlodipine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Losartan Potassium, Klor-con for a 52-year old woman who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Valium, Amlodipine Besylate for a 49-year old man who has Blood Pressure Increased
- Comparions of Chamomile, Amlodipine for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Amlodipine, Carvedilol, Tamsulosin for a 58-year old man who has Is Used By Men To Treat The Symptoms Of An Enlarged Prostate. High Blood Pressure And Heart Failure.
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Micardis, Norvasc, Candesartan Cilexetil, Telmisartan for a 43-year old man who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.