Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Leukopenia - from FDA reports
Leukopenia is found among people who take Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pneumonia . We study 3,403 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium from FDA. Among them, 33 have Leukopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Leukopenia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 3,587 users)
Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, preventive health care (latest reports from 25,371 Leukopenia patients).
On Feb, 19, 2017
3,403 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium.
Among them, 33 people (0.97%) have Leukopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium when people have Leukopenia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Leukopenia when taking Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium *:
- female: 51.52 %
- male: 48.48 %
Age of people who have Leukopenia when taking Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 3.12 %
- 50-59: 3.12 %
- 60+: 87.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pneumonia (11 people, 33.33%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (10 people, 30.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 24.24%)
- Gout (7 people, 21.21%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (6 people, 18.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (13 people, 39.39%)
- Allopurinol (11 people, 33.33%)
- Azithromycin (10 people, 30.30%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 30.30%)
- Warfarin Sodium (9 people, 27.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agranulocytosis (10 people, 30.30%)
- Urine Output - Decreased (9 people, 27.27%)
- Prothrombin Time Shortened (9 people, 27.27%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (9 people, 27.27%)
- Diarrhea (6 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Leukopenia when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium?
Browse all side effects of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with LeukopeniaLeukopenia
Could your condition cause LeukopeniaLeukopenia
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Agranulocytosis
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Urine output - decreased
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Prothrombin time shortened
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Blood creatinine increased
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Diarrhea
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi. I started taking amoxicillin Clavulanate on Friday and had a syncopal episode on Saturday which resulted in a fall. I was not aware that this could by a side effect thus attributed it to fatigue/too much work/upper respiratory infection I had while at the same time continued taking the ...
my wife took Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium had a horrible reaction with a rash over 90% of her body...now complete numbness in her feet and hands plus some tingling...no appetite...no energy and this has been going on for about 1 month...the rash is gone.
I am a 46 y.o. female who has had leukopenia for years after taking minocycline. My WBC stayed at 3.9 for a long time. I hoped my bone marrow would recover in time, but today at a physical I discovered that my WBC is down to 3.4. I am going in the wrong direction and I am wondering if anyone ...