Review: could Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium cause Constipation?
Summary: Constipation is found among people who take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cephalexin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 3,255 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium from FDA and social media. Among them, 45 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and have Constipation >>>
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from 3,330 Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium users)
Constipation has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 81,475 Constipation patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 3,255 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. Among them, 45 people (1.38%) have Constipation.
Time on Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (11 people, 24.44%)
- Metastases to bone (6 people, 13.33%)
- Haemorrhoids (6 people, 13.33%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 6.67%)
- Bronchitis acute (2 people, 4.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cephalexin (22 people, 48.89%)
- Zometa (21 people, 46.67%)
- Ciprofloxacin (17 people, 37.78%)
- Ambien (16 people, 35.56%)
- Omeprazole (16 people, 35.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and constipation on
Do you have Constipation while taking Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium
- support group for people who have Constipation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril for a 52-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Augmentin '875' for a 29-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Dry Mouth
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.