Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Leukopenia - from FDA reports
Leukopenia is found among people who take Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Pneumonia. This review analyzes which people have Leukopenia with Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,632 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 19, 2017
3,632 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium.
Among them, 39 people (1.07%) have Leukopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium when people have Leukopenia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Leukopenia when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium *:
- female: 58.97 %
- male: 41.03 %
Age of people who have Leukopenia when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.11 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.7 %
- 50-59: 5.41 %
- 60+: 83.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pneumonia (11 people, 28.21%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (10 people, 25.64%)
- High Blood Pressure (8 people, 20.51%)
- Gout (7 people, 17.95%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (6 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Furosemide (13 people, 33.33%)
- Allopurinol (11 people, 28.21%)
- Azithromycin (10 people, 25.64%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 25.64%)
- Warfarin Sodium (9 people, 23.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Agranulocytosis (13 people, 33.33%)
- Urine Output - Decreased (9 people, 23.08%)
- Prothrombin Time Shortened (9 people, 23.08%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (9 people, 23.08%)
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (6 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Leukopenia when taking Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium?
- Check symptoms - is leukopenia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLeukopenia and drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLeukopenia and Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium
Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium has active ingredients of amoxicillin; clavulanate potassium. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium 3,823 users)
Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 27,520 Leukopenia patients).
Browse all side effects of Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with LeukopeniaLeukopenia
Could your condition cause LeukopeniaLeukopenia
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Agranulocytosis
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Urine output - decreased
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Prothrombin time shortened
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Blood creatinine increased
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium and Neutrophil count decreased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I took Amox-Clav for about a four week period. I had two separate conditions seen by two different doctors. Each prescribed this drug, There was about a one week break between the two treatments. I have been off the meds now for about three weeks and am suffering from burning skin sensation. ...
Hi. I started taking amoxicillin Clavulanate on Friday and had a syncopal episode on Saturday which resulted in a fall. I was not aware that this could by a side effect thus attributed it to fatigue/too much work/upper respiratory infection I had while at the same time continued taking the ...
my wife took Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium had a horrible reaction with a rash over 90% of her body...now complete numbness in her feet and hands plus some tingling...no appetite...no energy and this has been going on for about 1 month...the rash is gone.
I am a 46 y.o. female who has had leukopenia for years after taking minocycline. My WBC stayed at 3.9 for a long time. I hoped my bone marrow would recover in time, but today at a physical I discovered that my WBC is down to 3.4. I am going in the wrong direction and I am wondering if anyone ...