Home > Amoxicillin > Abdominal pain > Amoxicillin and Abdominal pain
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Abdominal pain?
Summary: Abdominal pain is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Contraception.
We study 22,236 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 891 have Abdominal pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Abdominal pain >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,142 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Abdominal pain (latest reports from 618,523 patients) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, pain, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 1,126 people (5.07%) have Abdominal Pain.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Abdominal pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal pain||89.13%||4.35%||1.45%||1.45%||1.45%||1.45%||0.72% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Abdominal pain||69.29%||30.71% |
Age of people who have Abdominal pain when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Abdominal pain||0.40%||5.05%||9.29%||12.63%||14.55%||17.27%||17.07%||23.74% |
Severity of Abdominal pain when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal pain||0.00%||40.00%||50.00%||10.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal pain||12.50%||12.50%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (92 people, 8.17%)
- Multiple myeloma (78 people, 6.93%)
- Pain (60 people, 5.33%)
- Depression (44 people, 3.91%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (35 people, 3.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (201 people, 17.85%)
- Aredia (143 people, 12.70%)
- Ibuprofen (134 people, 11.90%)
- Levaquin (128 people, 11.37%)
- Aspirin (125 people, 11.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Pain while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Abdominal Pain
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Abdominal Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take amoxicillin when you are taking peginterferon and ribavirin
(Asked by a 40 year old man who takes Amoxicillin, Ribavirin, Peginterferon)
I wouldlike toknow if i take amoxicillin wether it will affect my treatment for HCV?
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Reoccurring Urine Infections, and takes Amoxicillin)
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Have been on suboxone strips almost a year. i have just recently since yesterday got sick i have strep throat and my throat is really hurting and i can't even speak today. can i still take my strips?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has I Have Strep Throat And A Severe Sore Throat And Can't Speak Any, and takes Amoxicillin, Suboxone )
I just wonder if it will be ok today to go ahead and use my suboxone strips or will it do more damage than good? It's never bothered my throat before but my throat is so bad right now that I don't know if it will hurt or help? I'm supposed to take 2 8mg strips a day? Help!!!!???
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Abdominal pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Pain And Buzzing In Right Hand, Wrist, and takes Amoxicillin, Savella)
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
(Posted by a 20 year old woman who has Month Long Periods Or Longer, Menstrual Cramps, Mild Endometriosis , Uterine Cyst, Vaginal Swelling , Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods, Inclusion Cyst, Abdominal Pain, and takes Norethindrone Acetate, Paragard T 380a)
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so par ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
(Posted by a 31 year old woman who has Ear Popping, and takes Amoxicillin)
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
- Poisened by fenofibrate
(Posted by a 63 year old man who has Nausea And Vomiting, Loose Stools, Stomach Pain, and takes Fenofibrate)
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptom ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Abdominal pain
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Bronchial Infection. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: red raised lumps
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Otitis Media Acute. The patient has Stuttering And Children
Comments: 4 year old daughter has started stuttering since starting amoxicillin for a ear infection.
- A study of drug interactions between Toprol-xl, Maxzide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Abdominal Pain Aggravated
Comments: Pain is in the lower left and seems worse when I pick up my left leg. Pain still occurs when I lay down. Feels a lot like menstrual cramp.
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Neck Pain, Headache (pain in head), Diarrhea, Pain - Abdomen, Inflammatory Pain
Comments: There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Night Terror (a partial waking from sleep with behaviours such as screaming, kicking, panic, sleep walking, thrashing, or mumbling)
Comments: My son has been on Amox for an ear infection for 4 days, and the last 2 days he has started screaming at about 2:00am. Doesn't seem to be awake.. thrashing and hitting and screaming. I assume this is a night terror.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Abdominal pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Betadine and Psoriasis
- Zoloft and Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (10 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (18 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (22 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (5 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (8 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (13 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tobramycin And Dexamethasone, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Prednisone, Cyclogyl, Gabapentin, Benzonatate, Lidoderm, Antivert, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lidocaine, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate for a 50-year old woman who has Eye Inflammation, Eye Infection, Eye Infection Bacterial, Nerve Pain, Cough, Hip Pain, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hives, Degenerative Joint Disease, Asthma, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Scoliosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (14 minutes ago)
- Risperidone, Benztropine Mesylate, Lisinopril, Zoloft for a 49-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level Increased, Risperidone, Hypertension, Major Depression (1 hour ago)
- Compare Fluorouracil and Toposar and Cisplatin for a 66-year old man (2 hours ago)
- Terazosin Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium for a 81-year old man who has Hypertension, Pulmonary Embolism (4 hours ago)
- Nexium for a 61-year old man who has Acid Reflux (4 hours ago)