Home > Amoxicillin > Anorexia > Amoxicillin and Anorexia
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Anorexia?
Summary: Anorexia is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lansoprazole, and have Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent.
We study 22,236 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 242 have Anorexia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anorexia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Anorexia >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,142 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight) (latest reports from 152,938 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, pain, hepatitis c.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 242 people (1.09%) have Anorexia.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Anorexia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Anorexia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (29 people, 11.98%)
- Reflux oesophagitis (23 people, 9.50%)
- Helicobacter infection (20 people, 8.26%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 7.44%)
- Pain (18 people, 7.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lansoprazole (51 people, 21.07%)
- Aspirin (46 people, 19.01%)
- Omeprazole (44 people, 18.18%)
- Amoxicillin trihydrate (38 people, 15.70%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (37 people, 15.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anorexia while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Anorexia
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Anorexia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take amoxicillin when you are taking peginterferon and ribavirin
(Asked by a 40 year old man who takes Amoxicillin, Ribavirin, Peginterferon)
I wouldlike toknow if i take amoxicillin wether it will affect my treatment for HCV?
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Reoccurring Urine Infections, and takes Amoxicillin)
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- How many valium pills could causes coma
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who has Anorexia, and takes Valium)
I need to know how can one get in coma in a quick way
- Have been on suboxone strips almost a year. i have just recently since yesterday got sick i have strep throat and my throat is really hurting and i can't even speak today. can i still take my strips?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has I Have Strep Throat And A Severe Sore Throat And Can't Speak Any, and takes Amoxicillin, Suboxone )
I just wonder if it will be ok today to go ahead and use my suboxone strips or will it do more damage than good? It's never bothered my throat before but my throat is so bad right now that I don't know if it will hurt or help? I'm supposed to take 2 8mg strips a day? Help!!!!???
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Pain And Buzzing In Right Hand, Wrist, and takes Amoxicillin, Savella)
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
(Posted by a 31 year old woman who has Ear Popping, and takes Amoxicillin)
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Concerta, Olanzapine, Amoxicillin for a patient with Opiate Withdrawl, Adhd, Bipolar 1, Infection. The patient has
Comments: I am a recovering drug addict who suffered a serious heart infection also known as endocarditous(spelling???)at christmas time I was released from the Hospital after one week and I was put on an anti-biotic named Vicomiasin(spelling???) intervieniously administrated. After 23 days on this medication ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Strep Throat. The patient has Bursitis (inflammation of a bursa, typically one in the knee, elbow, or shoulder)
Comments: When I began taking amoxicillin for strep throat, my left shoulder began to ache every three hours for about 20 minutes. The pain was so severe that I could not sleep at night. When I realized this pain started after beginning to take amoxicillin, I decided to endure it and finish my 10 day dose. On ...
- A study of drug interactions between Risperidone, Valproic Acid, Amoxil for a patient with Schizophrenia, Strep Throat. The patient has Sperm Count Zero, Volume Blood, Sperm Analysis Abnormal
Comments: Sperm Analysis (SA) Report in July-2012 was low: 10 (normal >=15); SA repeat in September-2012 was lower: 2 (normal >=15); SFA and SA repeat in November-2012 Sperm Count zero low volume in all reports.
Total Sperm Count - No sperm seen ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Chronic Sinusitis. The patient has Amoxicillin - 500mg
Comments: mY FACE WENT COMPLEELY NUMB when taking this product it affected my elasticity to make me appear older in the face and I had face tinging,ling It has made my face assymetrical. First of all I didn't suppose to take this because I'm ALLERGIC TO penicillin. The doctor prescribed it for chronic sinusit ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Insulin, Amoxicillin for a patient with Heart Failure, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Abscess - Tooth. The patient has Passed Out, High Blood Sugar, Malaise, Blood Sugar Fluctuations Rapid Between Normal And Very Low
Comments: Believe I passed out several times over a three day period. Could not walk had to crawl to food. Even after a few days Blood Sugar wanted to drop to 40 every time the Lisinopril was taken. Cut Lisinopril dose in half (had been on maximun dose as prescribed by doctor even though I told him I didn't n ...
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.