Home > Amoxicillin > Anorexia > Amoxicillin and Anorexia
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Anorexia?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 242 have Anorexia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anorexia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Anorexia >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight) (latest reports from 152,909 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, pain, hepatitis c.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 242 people (1.09%) have Anorexia.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Anorexia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Anorexia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (29 people, 11.98%)
- Reflux oesophagitis (23 people, 9.50%)
- Helicobacter infection (20 people, 8.26%)
- Hypertension (18 people, 7.44%)
- Pain (18 people, 7.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lansoprazole (51 people, 21.07%)
- Aspirin (46 people, 19.01%)
- Omeprazole (44 people, 18.18%)
- Amoxicillin trihydrate (38 people, 15.70%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (37 people, 15.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anorexia while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Anorexia
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Anorexia
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- How many valium pills could causes coma
I need to know how can one get in coma in a quick way
- Have been on suboxone strips almost a year. i have just recently since yesterday got sick i have strep throat and my throat is really hurting and i can't even speak today. can i still take my strips?
I just wonder if it will be ok today to go ahead and use my suboxone strips or will it do more damage than good? It's never bothered my throat before but my throat is so bad right now that I don't know if it will hurt or help? I'm supposed to take 2 8mg strips a day? Help!!!!???
- I recently had a thyroidectomy and followed it by radiation. i had molar extracted 5 days ago and could not form a clot to avoid dry socket. today my dentist packed it but it is dissolving!
I wonder if the saliva in my mouth is more acidic which can cause the loss of the clot or the packing that the dentist put in my mouth. I was told after the thyroid cancer and radiation that the glands that feel "sour" sensation after the surgery can increase and in rare cases, the patient never st ...
- Does anybody (female) have recurrent urinary tract infection every two months like me?
Physicians prescribe me lots of antibiotics in past few months, because I have a urinary tract infection every two months. I'm a girl with 22 years old and I have this problem since I was 13 years old. I am already resistant to antibiotics like fosfomicin, then I have to take large spectrum antibiot ...
- Can taking amoxicillin 500 mg with paxil 40 mg have side effects. like increase depression.
Been taking 40mg Paxil and dentist just prescribed 500mg Amoxicillin.
My depression seems to have increased and had a major anxiety attack.
Has anyone had similar experiences with this combination of drugs?
- Duration of weakness & fatigue caused by amoxicillan
Does this side effect last more than 2 week? Used drug for root canal & infection. given 500mg every 6 hours, 28 capsules. skin sensitivity subsided
but very weak & tired, only took 24 caps Dr orders after reaction began.
- When will fluid in ear from ear infection go away?
Twelve days ago I my left ear suddenly started hurting, and stared to sound like my ear was under water. Pain, and pressure in both ears continued to get worse for 8 days before I saw a doctor who diagnosed infection in both ears and prescribed me amoxicillin, 500mg 3x a day.
I have taken the antib ...
- My husband was diagnosed with pyoderma gangrenosum or sweets syndrome as he developed large pustules on his fingers, and legs, taken ammoxicillin and the pustules have started on his finger again
He was admitted to hospital and had every test going but they could not find the cause of it. He has been unwell for a couple of weeks with a bad chest and steroids have not helped. Dr gave him Amoxicillin and after taking just one the scar that was left on his finger joint that had the worst bliste ...
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Casodex, Lupron Depot for a 66-year old man who has Cancer - Prostate
- Comparions of Acetylcysteine, Amoxicillin for a 66-year old man who has Pulmonary Interstitial Emphysema Syndrome
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Azithromycin for a 68-year old woman who has Bacterial Infection
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, E-mycin for a 51-year old man who has Pain - Tooth Or Teeth
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Junel Fe 1/20 for a 42-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Ciprofloxacin for a 79-year old woman who has Burning Sensation
- Comparions of Benzonatate, Amoxicillin for a 67-year old woman who has Cold Symptoms
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Levofloxacin for a 46-year old man who has Gastritis Bacterial
- Comparions of Amoxicillin, Vyvanse for a 22-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Montelukast Sodium, Amoxicillin for a 30-year old man who has Allergy
More related comparison studies for: Amoxicillin, Anorexia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.