Amoxicillin and Anorexia - from FDA reports
Anorexia is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Anorexia with Amoxicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,395 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 13, 2017
35,395 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin.
Among them, 218 people (0.62%) have Anorexia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Anorexia *:
- < 1 month: 88.1 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin *:
- female: 45.02 %
- male: 54.98 %
Age of people who have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.05 %
- 10-19: 7.69 %
- 20-29: 2.05 %
- 30-39: 14.36 %
- 40-49: 10.77 %
- 50-59: 6.67 %
- 60+: 56.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (17 people, 7.80%)
- Helicobacter Infection (15 people, 6.88%)
- Depression (8 people, 3.67%)
- Gastric Ulcer (7 people, 3.21%)
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 2.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (44 people, 20.18%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (37 people, 16.97%)
- Aspirin (37 people, 16.97%)
- Simvastatin (34 people, 15.60%)
- Amlodipine (28 people, 12.84%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (90 people, 41.28%)
- Weakness (86 people, 39.45%)
- Nausea (54 people, 24.77%)
- Rashes (47 people, 21.56%)
- Coughing Up Blood (42 people, 19.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anorexia when taking Amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 38,431 users)
Anorexia (eating disorder characterized by immoderate food restriction and irrational fear of gaining weight) has been reported by people with depression, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, pain (latest reports from 30,826 Anorexia patients).