Home > Amoxicillin > Back pain > Amoxicillin and Back pain
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Back pain?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,025 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Back pain >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Back pain (latest reports from 678,422 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 1,026 people (4.62%) have Back Pain.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||65.15%||24.24%||4.55%||0.00%||3.03%||0.00%||3.03% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Back pain||64.63%||35.37% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Back pain||0.00%||1.14%||1.59%||4.88%||9.65%||14.87%||25.77%||42.11% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (111 people, 10.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (90 people, 8.77%)
- Osteoporosis (85 people, 8.28%)
- Pain (76 people, 7.41%)
- Depression (48 people, 4.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (535 people, 52.14%)
- Aredia (365 people, 35.58%)
- Aspirin (237 people, 23.10%)
- Vicodin (228 people, 22.22%)
- Ambien (227 people, 22.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Amoxicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 years ago):
Jon Hunt on Feb, 18, 2012:
The pain was centered in my lower back. And brought me to my knees at one point. And started to go away after a day off amoxicillin. But was still present after a week then it was gone.
From this study (3 years ago):
pain increases with deep breathing
From this study (5 years ago):
I thought I was going to pass out during a First Aid/CPR class yesterday, while just sitting there.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Back pain
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (17 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (33 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (18 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- Sneddon's Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder