Review: could Amoxicillin cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 22,244 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,025 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Back pain >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 24,153 users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Back pain 105,943 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 22,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 1,026 people (4.61%) have Back Pain.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||65.15%||24.24%||4.55%||0.00%||3.03%||0.00%||3.03% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Back pain||64.63%||35.37% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Back pain||0.00%||1.14%||1.59%||4.88%||9.65%||14.87%||25.77%||42.11% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Back pain||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Back pain||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (111 people, 10.82%)
- Multiple myeloma (90 people, 8.77%)
- Osteoporosis (85 people, 8.28%)
- Pain (76 people, 7.41%)
- Depression (48 people, 4.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (535 people, 52.14%)
- Aredia (365 people, 35.58%)
- Aspirin (237 people, 23.10%)
- Vicodin (228 people, 22.22%)
- Ambien (227 people, 22.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Back Pain while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Back pain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Naproxin reaction severe
My partner was given Naproxin for back pain, after taking the reccommended dose of 2 per day for about 10 days he had a severe reaction. It started off with what looked like insect bites on his torso and arms, within half an hour, these had turned into huge welps that were blending together, He looked like he had been scalded all over. The itching was unbearable so rang NHS helpline, they said to get antihistimnes in the morning and to stop the Naproxin. My partner started to hallucinate, he said he saw vivid colours, a vortex of bright colours and flowers, then he passed out in the bathroom and it took a while to bring him round. He insisted he was fine and just wanted to sleep. In the morning we went to the GP, got some antihistimines but by now his whole body was in a mess, his hands had swollen to 3 x normal size and he was having cold sweats. By now the weekend was here so when he took another turn for the worse, we had to go to an out of hours gp, he saw the photos I had taken of the welps and immediately prescribed very strong antihistimines to be taken x 4 daily, thankfully after the second day everything normalised, we are in day 3 now and my hope is that when he stops taking the meds, the hives will not return. Very worrying medication in my opinion and one that I will not have in the house again.
- Losartan cause deep vein thrombosis
have had two knee surgeries ,a lumbar decompression, after this three surgeries start taken Losartan potassium and two months later have had a lumbar fusion after this I suffered a Deep Vein Thrombosis, continues taken Losartan for more of year and half, I notice is a bad combination when my older physician increase high dose of Warfarin I was losing mi Vision and stopped Losartan by my self and my vision is great now. my new physician told me that is OK that I had stopped taken Losartan. and I strongly believe that this cause me the DVT.
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin (1 response)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this time had blood taken and the results showed an extreme rise in my white blood cells and by then, I had a fever. I was airlifted to another hospital where they did tests, but really had no idea what was wrong. I discharged myself with a script for corticosteroids and by then my joints began to stiffen, to a point of barely being able to walk and the pain was excruciating! I had to be cared for by my husband and struggled to lift my tea cup, or get out of bed. This lasted for about a month and then gradually began to subside. The doctors never did have answers for any of it. They chalked it up to an allergy to Amoxicillin. One mentioned "Steven Johnson Syndrome".
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment for a uti, and my ears are popping. I have no known other medical problems, and am on no other meds.
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Back pain
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- My son has been on Amox for an ear infection for 4 days, and the last 2 days he has started screaming at about 2:00am. Doesn't seem to be awake.. thrashing and hitting and screaming. I assume this is a night terror.
- I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- Diagnosed with liver disease after collapse at home. Virus attack due to low immunity caused by liver problems. Oesophageal varices. Partial portal vein blockage. Have Diabetes Type 2 19 years with no problems, well controlled.
- Never had an sort of panic attacks before. Within two days of taking Amoxicillin these symptoms occurred. My concern is something is being over looked. I have stopped taking the drug but the symptoms continue.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Back pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.