Review: could Amoxicillin cause Bladder infection (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Bladder infection is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 22,279 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 583 have Bladder infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Bladder infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Bladder infection >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,188 Amoxicillin users)
Bladder infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 66,857 Bladder infection patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 22,279 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 583 people (2.62%) have Bladder Infection.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Bladder infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bladder infection||92.16%||7.84%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bladder infection when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Bladder infection||74.14%||25.86% |
Age of people who have Bladder infection when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Bladder infection||2.54%||1.45%||1.09%||9.78%||4.53%||12.32%||25.54%||42.75% |
Severity of Bladder infection when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bladder infection||0.00%||57.14%||42.86%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bladder infection ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bladder infection||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (84 people, 14.41%)
- Urinary tract infection (52 people, 8.92%)
- Multiple myeloma (47 people, 8.06%)
- Depression (41 people, 7.03%)
- Hypertension (39 people, 6.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (205 people, 35.16%)
- Ambien (170 people, 29.16%)
- Aredia (163 people, 27.96%)
- Aspirin (148 people, 25.39%)
- Coumadin (144 people, 24.70%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amoxicillin and bladder infection on
Do you have Bladder Infection while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Bladder Infection
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Bladder Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 34-year old woman with Tonsillitis. The patient has Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cephalexin for a 57-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Abscess
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Co-codamol, Amoxicillin for a 30-year old woman with Sinusitis, Tooth Abscess. The patient has Laryngospasm, Diarrhoea
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 40-year old man with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea Infectious (bacteria, viruses, and other germs can cause diarrhoea), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fever
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Simponi, Amoxicillin for a 62-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Uloric, Amoxicillin for a 68-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lactulose, Amoxicillin Pediatric for a 39-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.