Review: could Amoxicillin cause Blepharitis?
Summary: Blepharitis is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 22,284 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 56 have Blepharitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Blepharitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Blepharitis >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,194 Amoxicillin users)
Blepharitis (chronic inflammation of the eyelid) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, multiple myeloma, glaucoma, osteopenia. (latest reports from 1,467 Blepharitis patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 22,279 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 56 people (0.25%) have Blepharitis.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Blepharitis * :
Gender of people who have Blepharitis when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Blepharitis when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Blepharitis when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Blepharitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 19.64%)
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 19.64%)
- Oral infection (11 people, 19.64%)
- Constipation (6 people, 10.71%)
- Multiple myeloma (6 people, 10.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (38 people, 67.86%)
- Albuterol (29 people, 51.79%)
- Aredia (26 people, 46.43%)
- Zofran (25 people, 44.64%)
- Thalomid (23 people, 41.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blepharitis while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Blepharitis
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Blepharitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Iodine, Acetaminophen, Amoxicillin for a 58-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Throat - Sore, Strep Throat. The patient has Red Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Iscador, Amoxicillin for a 11-year old boy with Lung Cancer, Throat Infection.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 53-year old woman with Abscess - Tooth. The patient has Smoker
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cyclosporine, Percocet for a 18-year old girl with Infection, Immune Status, Pain. The patient has Eczema Vesicular
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 20-year old man with Sinus Infection. The patient has Fainting
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.