Home > Amoxicillin > Gerd > Amoxicillin and Gerd
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Gerd. Find out below who they are, when they have Gerd and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Gerd >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) (latest reports from 45,960 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 42 people (0.19%) have Gerd.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Gerd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Gerd when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gerd ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Eczema (7 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (6 people, 14.29%)
- Asthma (5 people, 11.90%)
- Anaemia (3 people, 7.14%)
- Nausea (3 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (15 people, 35.71%)
- Ibuprofen (10 people, 23.81%)
- Retrovir (9 people, 21.43%)
- Tylenol (8 people, 19.05%)
- Yasmin (8 people, 19.05%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gerd while taking Amoxicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Gerd
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Gerd
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if something hasn't been swallowed properly. THE LUMp is not present all the time but I am very aware of it when it's there.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
only started with heart burn a month ago, been on methotrexate about 15 yrs
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Gerd
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Gerd
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (12 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (14 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (4 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (4 hours ago)
- Metastases To Diaphragm
- Weight Gain
- Adderall 10
- Exogenous Cushing Syndrome