Amoxicillin and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Amoxicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,627 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 19, 2017
36,627 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin.
Among them, 726 people (1.98%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 69.44 %
- 1 - 6 months: 2.78 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.78 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.78 %
- 5 - 10 years: 22.22 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin *:
- female: 60.45 %
- male: 39.55 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin *:
- 0-1: 3.75 %
- 2-9: 3.54 %
- 10-19: 6.88 %
- 20-29: 3.75 %
- 30-39: 5.83 %
- 40-49: 11.67 %
- 50-59: 37.29 %
- 60+: 26.46 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (64 people, 8.82%)
- Multiple Myeloma (63 people, 8.68%)
- Depression (56 people, 7.71%)
- Pain (49 people, 6.75%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (42 people, 5.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (230 people, 31.68%)
- Aredia (187 people, 25.76%)
- Nexium (148 people, 20.39%)
- Ambien (138 people, 19.01%)
- Prilosec (133 people, 18.32%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (331 people, 45.59%)
- Pain (329 people, 45.32%)
- Injury (253 people, 34.85%)
- Joint Pain (249 people, 34.30%)
- Anaemia (241 people, 33.20%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin?
- Check symptoms - is gerd caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGerd and drugs with ingredients of amoxicillin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGerd and Amoxicillin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 39,679 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,254 Gerd patients).
Browse all side effects of Amoxicillina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd
Could your condition cause GerdGerd
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.