Amoxicillin and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Amoxicillin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,395 people who have side effects when taking Amoxicillin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 20, 2017
35,395 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin.
Among them, 710 people (2.01%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 65.62 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.12 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.12 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.12 %
- 5 - 10 years: 25.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin *:
- female: 60.26 %
- male: 39.74 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin *:
- 0-1: 3.62 %
- 2-9: 3.62 %
- 10-19: 7.04 %
- 20-29: 3.84 %
- 30-39: 5.33 %
- 40-49: 11.73 %
- 50-59: 37.53 %
- 60+: 26.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (64 people, 9.01%)
- Multiple Myeloma (60 people, 8.45%)
- Depression (56 people, 7.89%)
- Pain (49 people, 6.90%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (41 people, 5.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (230 people, 32.39%)
- Aredia (187 people, 26.34%)
- Nexium (147 people, 20.70%)
- Ambien (138 people, 19.44%)
- Prilosec (132 people, 18.59%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (330 people, 46.48%)
- Pain (328 people, 46.20%)
- Injury (253 people, 35.63%)
- Joint Pain (248 people, 34.93%)
- Anaemia (241 people, 33.94%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gerd when taking Amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 38,431 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 139,882 Gerd patients).