Review: could Amoxicillin cause Irritability?
Summary: Irritability is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fluconazole, and have Depression.
We study 22,279 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 135 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Irritability >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,188 Amoxicillin users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 23,567 Irritability patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 22,279 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 135 people (0.61%) have Irritability.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Irritability when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (32 people, 23.70%)
- Pain (25 people, 18.52%)
- Multiple myeloma (20 people, 14.81%)
- Neoplasm malignant (14 people, 10.37%)
- Pain in jaw (9 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fluconazole (35 people, 25.93%)
- Paxil (29 people, 21.48%)
- Lorazepam (28 people, 20.74%)
- Oxycontin (27 people, 20.00%)
- Cipro (26 people, 19.26%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amoxicillin and irritability on
Do you have Irritability while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Irritability
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Sleepy, Irritability, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 34-year old woman with Tonsillitis. The patient has Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cephalexin for a 57-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Abscess
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Levothyroxine Sodium, Dilantin for a 66-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Hypothyroidism, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Finger Cramps, No Energy, Difficulty Breathing, Irritability, Sensitivity To The Cold
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Gabapentin for a 26-year old man with Initial Insomnia, Anxiety And Stress, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations, Chest Pain, Confusion, Fear, Irritability, Mood Swings, Paranoia, Electric Shock
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Simponi, Amoxicillin for a 62-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Uloric, Amoxicillin for a 68-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lactulose, Amoxicillin Pediatric for a 39-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.