Review: could Amoxicillin cause Mouth ulceration (Mouth ulcers)?
Summary: Mouth ulceration is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 22,279 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 257 have Mouth ulceration. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulceration and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Mouth ulceration >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,188 Amoxicillin users)
Mouth ulceration (mouth ulcers) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, breast cancer. (latest reports from 10,003 Mouth ulceration patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 22,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 257 people (1.15%) have Mouth Ulceration.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Mouth ulceration * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulceration||85.71%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Mouth ulceration||44.88%||55.12% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulceration when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Mouth ulceration||1.32%||2.19%||4.39%||2.63%||2.19%||10.09%||42.54%||34.65% |
Severity of Mouth ulceration when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulceration||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulceration ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (52 people, 20.23%)
- Metastases to bone (42 people, 16.34%)
- Pain (31 people, 12.06%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (19 people, 7.39%)
- Oral infection (17 people, 6.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (162 people, 63.04%)
- Aredia (101 people, 39.30%)
- Nexium (83 people, 32.30%)
- Ambien (68 people, 26.46%)
- Multi-vitamins (67 people, 26.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amoxicillin and mouth ulceration on
Do you have Mouth Ulceration while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Mouth Ulceration
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulceration
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 34-year old woman with Tonsillitis. The patient has Flank Pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen)
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Cephalexin for a 57-year old woman with Infection. The patient has Abscess
- A study of side effects of Synthroid for a 29-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Ulcer - Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Co-codamol, Amoxicillin for a 30-year old woman with Sinusitis, Tooth Abscess. The patient has Laryngospasm, Diarrhoea
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 40-year old man with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea Infectious (bacteria, viruses, and other germs can cause diarrhoea), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fever
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Simponi, Amoxicillin for a 62-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Uloric, Amoxicillin for a 68-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lactulose, Amoxicillin Pediatric for a 39-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.