Review: could Amoxicillin cause Mucous colitis (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
Summary: Mucous colitis is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 22,244 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Mucous colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Mucous colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Mucous colitis >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 24,153 users)
Mucous colitis (inflammation of mucous membrane of colon) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Mucous colitis 15,589 patients)
On Dec, 18, 2014: 22,244 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 154 people (0.69%) have Mucous Colitis.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Mucous colitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mucous colitis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mucous colitis when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Mucous colitis||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Mucous colitis when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Mucous colitis||0.00%||0.00%||17.29%||6.02%||16.54%||5.26%||35.34%||19.55% |
Severity of Mucous colitis when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Mucous colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (31 people, 20.13%)
- Acne (21 people, 13.64%)
- Neoplasm malignant (13 people, 8.44%)
- Light chain analysis increased (12 people, 7.79%)
- Constipation (11 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aredia (56 people, 36.36%)
- Accutane (53 people, 34.42%)
- Zometa (42 people, 27.27%)
- Premarin (41 people, 26.62%)
- Aspirin (38 people, 24.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mucous Colitis while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Mucous Colitis
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Mucous Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you take amoxicillin when you are taking peginterferon and ribavirin
(Asked by a 40 year old man who takes Amoxicillin, Ribavirin, Peginterferon)
I wouldlike toknow if i take amoxicillin wether it will affect my treatment for HCV?
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Reoccurring Urine Infections, and takes Amoxicillin)
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Does/can inulin (chicory root extract) interact with lithium?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Any Drug Interaction Between Lithium 600 Mg Daily With Chicory Root Extract (200 Mg) In Probiotic With Lactobacillus GG?, and takes Lactobacillus GG, Chicory Inulin, Lithium Carbonate, Synthroid, Prilosec, Levofloxacin, Amoxicillin)
I am taking all these antibiotics for 14 days to get rid of the H Pylori bacteria in my stomach. I want to replace the good bacteria lost and avoid diahhrea by taking a probiotic daily. However, I have noticed the use of inulin (chicory root extract) in the probiotic. I need to know if I can take th ...
- Is it possible to receive medical marijuana if you have spina bifida and controllable ibs?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has IBS, Spina Bifida )
i need help figuring out the best pain relieving drug for my conditions. please respond if any information
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Mucous colitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Headache after propofol
(Posted by a 61 year old woman who has IBS, and takes Propofol)
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. Severe headache in evening and following day.
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Pain And Buzzing In Right Hand, Wrist, and takes Amoxicillin, Savella)
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
(Posted by a 89 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Pradaxa, Multaq)
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more (1 response)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Lupus Erythematosus, and takes Amoxicillin)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Mucous colitis
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Night Terror (a partial waking from sleep with behaviours such as screaming, kicking, panic, sleep walking, thrashing, or mumbling)
Comments: My son has been on Amox for an ear infection for 4 days, and the last 2 days he has started screaming at about 2:00am. Doesn't seem to be awake.. thrashing and hitting and screaming. I assume this is a night terror.
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Ear Infection. The patient has Chest Discomfort
Comments: I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Pyorrhea - Gum Disease. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Heart Rate Increased, Panic Attack
Comments: Never had an sort of panic attacks before. Within two days of taking Amoxicillin these symptoms occurred. My concern is something is being over looked. I have stopped taking the drug but the symptoms continue.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Amoxicillin for a patient with Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Infection. The patient has Hand Tremor
Comments: I had oral surgery to remove a cracked tooth. I was very stressed that morning. 36 hours later I had a very severe hand tremor that continued both while moving (cooking) and at rest. It lasted about a half hour. I took one baby aspirin and it subsided within the next twenty minutes. Scared me.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Mucous colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.