Review: could Amoxicillin cause Mucous membrane disorder?
Summary: Mucous membrane disorder is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Hiv infection.
We study 22,284 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Mucous membrane disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Mucous membrane disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Mucous membrane disorder >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,194 Amoxicillin users)
Mucous membrane disorder
Mucous membrane disorder (disease of mucous membrane) has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, epilepsy, high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 1,888 Mucous membrane disorder patients)
On Apr, 26, 2015: 22,284 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 30 people (0.13%) have Mucous Membrane Disorder.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Mucous membrane disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mucous membrane disorder||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mucous membrane disorder when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Mucous membrane disorder||55.17%||44.83% |
Age of people who have Mucous membrane disorder when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Mucous membrane disorder||0.00%||14.81%||11.11%||11.11%||7.41%||33.33%||3.70%||18.52% |
Severity of Mucous membrane disorder when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Mucous membrane disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hiv infection (3 people, 10.00%)
- Pyrexia (2 people, 6.67%)
- Menstrual disorder (2 people, 6.67%)
- Convulsion (2 people, 6.67%)
- Pharyngitis (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (4 people, 13.33%)
- Amoxicillin trihydrate (4 people, 13.33%)
- Combivir (4 people, 13.33%)
- Famotidine (3 people, 10.00%)
- Advil (3 people, 10.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Amoxicillin and mucous membrane disorder on
Do you have Mucous Membrane Disorder while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Mucous Membrane Disorder
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Mucous Membrane Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 23-year old woman with Tonsillitis. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Nexium, Midol, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Tartrate, Phentermine, Furosemide for a 32-year old woman with Sinusitis, Gerd, Abdominal Cramps, Potassium - Low, Hypertension, Obesity, Fluid Retention. The patient has Intussusception
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Potassium Gluconate, Colace, Claritin, Budesonide, Perforomist, Albuterol Sulfate, Spiriva, Proair Hfa, Humalog Kwikpen, Xanax, Famotidine, Pantoprazole, Gabapentin, Warfarin Sodium, Prednisone, Amoxicillin, Tikosyn, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, Vitamin K Decreased, Constipation, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Upset Stomach, Diabetic Nephropathy, Protein C Deficiency, Post-exposure, Atrial Flutter, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Pain. The patient has Rash Generalised, Itching, Hives, Urticaria
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 52-year old woman with Pneumonia Bacterial. The patient has Productive Cough, Sweating
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 20-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Vagina Dryness
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.