Home > Amoxicillin > Oral herpes > Amoxicillin and Oral herpes
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Oral herpes?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Oral herpes. Find out below who they are, when they have Oral herpes and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Oral herpes >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Oral herpes (viral infection of mouth) (latest reports from 21,081 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, acne, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 39 people (0.18%) have Oral Herpes.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Oral herpes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Oral herpes||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Oral herpes when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Oral herpes||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Oral herpes when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Oral herpes||8.57%||14.29%||0.00%||17.14%||0.00%||54.29%||0.00%||5.71% |
Severity of Oral herpes when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Oral herpes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone erosion (7 people, 17.95%)
- Osteonecrosis (7 people, 17.95%)
- Pathological fracture (7 people, 17.95%)
- Eczema (6 people, 15.38%)
- Oropharyngeal pain (6 people, 15.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Decadron (22 people, 56.41%)
- Dexamethasone (20 people, 51.28%)
- Cyclobenzaprine (18 people, 46.15%)
- Zometa (17 people, 43.59%)
- Zosyn (17 people, 43.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Oral Herpes while taking Amoxicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Oral Herpes
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Oral Herpes
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Oral herpes
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Oral herpes
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amoxicillin, Oral herpes
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Amoxicillin, Oral herpes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (2 hours ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (2 hours ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Pravastatin Sodium
- Pravastatine Sodium
- Tyramine Reaction