Home > Amoxicillin > Renal failure > Amoxicillin and Renal failure
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 503 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Renal failure >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 503 people (2.26%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||78.57%||10.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||1.43% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Renal failure||50.39%||49.61% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||3.37%||3.37%||6.27%||2.89%||8.67%||20.72%||54.70% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (36 people, 7.16%)
- Multiple myeloma (28 people, 5.57%)
- Urinary tract infection (23 people, 4.57%)
- Pain (22 people, 4.37%)
- Osteoporosis (20 people, 3.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (103 people, 20.48%)
- Levaquin (95 people, 18.89%)
- Aspirin (95 people, 18.89%)
- Coumadin (86 people, 17.10%)
- Lisinopril (85 people, 16.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Amoxicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amoxicillin, Renal failure
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Amoxicillin, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (1 hour ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
- Escitalopram and Burning Sensation
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Wellbutrin Sr (glaxosmithkline) 200mg
- Mentha Lavanduliodora
- Abscess Intestinal
- White Dragon Flower