Home > Amoxicillin > Sciatica > Amoxicillin and Sciatica
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Sciatica?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 79 have Sciatica. Find out below who they are, when they have Sciatica and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Sciatica >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Sciatica (a set of symptoms including pain caused by general compression or irritation of one of five spinal nerve roots of each sciatic nerve) (latest reports from 45,051 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 79 people (0.36%) have Sciatica.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Sciatica * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sciatica when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Sciatica when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Sciatica when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Sciatica ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (22 people, 27.85%)
- Osteoporosis (18 people, 22.78%)
- Depression (9 people, 11.39%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 11.39%)
- Muscle spasms (7 people, 8.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (44 people, 55.70%)
- Neurontin (41 people, 51.90%)
- Prilosec (34 people, 43.04%)
- Aredia (31 people, 39.24%)
- Dexamethasone (31 people, 39.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
Comments for this study:
Matt N (2 years ago):
Suffered with sciatica symptoms in lower back/leg for 18 months. I received chiropractic treatment for months with no difference in pain. I Received physical therapy with no change. I started taking 125mg of Amoxicillin twice daily for five days. By the fourth day, the nerve pain and sciatica symptoms became noticeably reduced to the point where I could sit for a full work day without discomfort.
Reply the comment
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sciatica while taking Amoxicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Sciatica
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Sciatica
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Sciatica
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Sciatica
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Amoxicillin, Sciatica
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Amoxicillin, Sciatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (49 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (49 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Carcinoma Ductal
- Wrinkles Aging Changes
- Abnormal Orgasm Female