Home > Amoxicillin > Sore throat > Amoxicillin and Sore throat
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Sore throat?
We study 22,224 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Sore throat. Find out below who they are, when they have Sore throat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Sore throat >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,132 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) (latest reports from 6,360 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, depression, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 41 people (0.18%) have Sore Throat.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Sore throat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sore throat||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Sore throat when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Sore throat||57.50%||42.50% |
Age of people who have Sore throat when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Sore throat||0.00%||5.13%||12.82%||7.69%||15.38%||23.08%||12.82%||23.08% |
Severity of Sore throat when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sore throat||0.00%||71.43%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sore throat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Sore throat||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Strep throat (2 people, 4.88%)
- Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood (1 people, 2.44%)
- Vaginitis bacterial (1 people, 2.44%)
- Lyme disease (1 people, 2.44%)
- Runny nose (1 people, 2.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (4 people, 9.76%)
- Biaxin (4 people, 9.76%)
- Lamictal (4 people, 9.76%)
- Zithromax (3 people, 7.32%)
- Clarithromycin (3 people, 7.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sore Throat while taking Amoxicillin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Sore Throat
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Sore Throat
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
I've taken 1500mg of amoxicillin for 5 days have sore throat now.
From this study (5 years ago):
I started a course of amoxicillin on Saturday evening for a suspected but non-classical sinus infection (long-term, low level). (2, 500 mg capsules 2x/day) By Sunday afternoon I had post-nasal drip, a runny nose, sneezing, and sinus pressure/congestion moderately to severely. I am concerned that this is an adverse reaction to the amoxicillin and curious to know if clearing the bacterial infection may have allowed an allergic reaction to ramp up somehow. I am on this site to try to determine if I can take some Claritin in the middle of the night hoping it will allow me to sleep for work in the morning.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Sore throat
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this ...
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Sore throat
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (47 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tuberculosis Reactivated