Review: could Amoxicillin cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 22,279 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 201 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Tinnitus >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,188 Amoxicillin users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 22,279 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 201 people (0.90%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (22 people, 10.95%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 8.46%)
- Chronic sinusitis (13 people, 6.47%)
- Depression (12 people, 5.97%)
- Constipation (11 people, 5.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (66 people, 32.84%)
- Prednisone (43 people, 21.39%)
- Alprazolam (40 people, 19.90%)
- Fosamax (40 people, 19.90%)
- Flexeril (39 people, 19.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amoxicillin and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Histamine Phosphate, Artemisia, Kali Bichromicum, Chamomilla, Amoxicillin for a 6-year old boy who has Infection
- Comparions of Simponi, Amoxicillin for a 62-year old man who has Rash Generalised
- Comparions of Uloric, Amoxicillin for a 68-year old man who has Sinusitis
- Comparions of Lactulose, Amoxicillin Pediatric for a 39-year old woman who has Constipation
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.