Review: could Amoxicillin cause Trichomonas vaginitis (Trichomoniasis)?
Summary: Trichomonas vaginitis is reported only by a few people who take Amoxicillin.
We study 22,244 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Trichomonas vaginitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Trichomonas vaginitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Trichomonas vaginitis >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 24,153 users)
Trichomonas vaginitis (a vaginal inflammation by a parasite trichomonas vaginalis) has been reported by people with birth control, hot flush, essential hypertension, osteopenia, joint pain.(latest reports from Trichomonas vaginitis 157 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 22,236 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Trichomonas Vaginitis.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Trichomonas vaginitis * :
Gender of people who have Trichomonas vaginitis when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Trichomonas vaginitis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Trichomonas vaginitis when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Trichomonas vaginitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Trichomonas vaginitis when taking Amoxicillin ** :
How people recovered from Trichomonas vaginitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Convulsion (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pyrexia (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Famotidine (2 people, 100.00%)
- Methylprednisolone (2 people, 100.00%)
- Diphenhydramine hcl (2 people, 100.00%)
- Ceftriaxone (2 people, 100.00%)
- Phenobarbital tab (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Trichomonas Vaginitis while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Trichomonas Vaginitis
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Trichomonas Vaginitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Trichomonas vaginitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Lupus induced by amoxicillin (1 response)
Was given Amoxicillin for Strep Throat and on day 10 I noticed a rash starting on my torso and began to feel ill, as if I had the flu. Went to emerg and got sent home with Benadryl. Woke up the next morning to the rash getting worse and an overall feeling of fatigue. Went to emerg again and this time had blood taken and the results showed an extreme rise in my white blood cells and by then, I had a fever. I was airlifted to another hospital where they did tests, but really had no idea what was wrong. I discharged myself with a script for corticosteroids and by then my joints began to stiffen, to a point of barely being able to walk and the pain was excruciating! I had to be cared for by my husband and struggled to lift my tea cup, or get out of bed. This lasted for about a month and then gradually began to subside. The doctors never did have answers for any of it. They chalked it up to an allergy to Amoxicillin. One mentioned "Steven Johnson Syndrome".
- Amoxycillin and ear popping.
I'm 30. I have otitis externa, but have never suffered with ear popping as a symptom. I had a flare up 2 wks before being prescribed this drug. I took a spay abx treatment which caused severe pain in my ears, so stopped taking that 5 days into the 7 day course. 4-5 days into my amoxicillin treatment for a uti, and my ears are popping. I have no known other medical problems, and am on no other meds.
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Trichomonas vaginitis
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- My son has been on Amox for an ear infection for 4 days, and the last 2 days he has started screaming at about 2:00am. Doesn't seem to be awake.. thrashing and hitting and screaming. I assume this is a night terror.
- I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and off for about 3 days. I also have localized pain under my left breastbone. This didn't start until I started the Amoxicillin which I am on 875 mg twice a day. I do have acid reflux which I am on protonix 40 mg twice a day. I am not having any tro ...
- Never had an sort of panic attacks before. Within two days of taking Amoxicillin these symptoms occurred. My concern is something is being over looked. I have stopped taking the drug but the symptoms continue.
- I had oral surgery to remove a cracked tooth. I was very stressed that morning. 36 hours later I had a very severe hand tremor that continued both while moving (cooking) and at rest. It lasted about a half hour. I took one baby aspirin and it subsided within the next twenty minutes. Scared me.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Trichomonas vaginitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.