From FDA reports: Amoxicillin and Vaginal discharge
This is a study of Vaginal discharge among people who take Amoxicillin. The study analyzes: the time on Amoxicillin when people have Vaginal discharge, gender and age of these people, the severity of Vaginal discharge, how they recovered, and common conditions and drugs used besides Amoxicillin. In total 20,276 Amoxicillin users are studied. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA and is updated regularly.
Do you have a question? Healthcare is personal: one drug can work differently between women and men, or for people of different ages. How do you find patients like you to answer your question, and ensure only patients like you can answer it? Our Personalized Q&A can help. Start now
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is used in infection, sinusitis, tooth abscess, strep throat, otitis. Commonly reported side effects of Amoxicillin include pain, stress and anxiety, breathing difficulty, fever, rashes.
Vaginal discharge has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.
On Jun, 16, 2013: 20,276 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 38 people (0.19%) have Vaginal Discharge.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Vaginal discharge * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Vaginal discharge||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Vaginal discharge when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Vaginal discharge||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Vaginal discharge when taking Amoxicillin * :
|Vaginal discharge||0.00%||0.00%||10.00%||23.33%||30.00%||3.33%||23.33%||10.00% |
Severity of Vaginal discharge when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Vaginal discharge||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Vaginal discharge ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Vaginal discharge||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (14 people, 36.84%)
- Contraception (6 people, 15.79%)
- Metastases to bone (3 people, 7.89%)
- Chest pain (3 people, 7.89%)
- Back pain (3 people, 7.89%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Naproxen (18 people, 47.37%)
- Metronidazole (18 people, 47.37%)
- Fluticasone propionate (18 people, 47.37%)
- Amoxicillin trihydrate (16 people, 42.11%)
- Lithium carbonate (15 people, 39.47%)
Login or sign up (it's free) to view more results.
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
(If the study does not answer your question, use Personalized Q&A)
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Next: check whether vaginal discharge is from a drug or a condition
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Amoxicillin (amoxicillin) is often used for infection. Find out below the conditions Amoxicillin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Amoxicillin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Browse Amoxicillin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Amoxicillin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Related personalized Q&As (what is this?):
- Can amoxicillin affect eye pressure?
(for a 71 year old man who has Ocular Hypertension, and takes Amoxicillin)
I started on amoxicillin with two 500mg tablets followed by one more that night. The next day took one more at eight am then had my eyes tested for pressure at eleven am. Wold that cause my pressure to go higher than normal?
- Does obital cellulitis and erythema multifiorme have anything in common?
(for a 2 year old girl who has Eczema, Erythema Multiforme, and takes Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, Elidel, Amoxicillin Pediatric)
My daughter has been diagnosed and treated for obital cellulitis 2 1/2 wks ago and than just recently been diagnosed with erythema multifiorme and has has it twice with in a 7 month period. Not sure if there is a connection between the 2 it just seems like we have had a lot of issues lately and not ...
Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:
- Doxycycline Hyclate, Zantac for a 36-year old woman who has Acne, Reflux Oesophagitis (41 seconds ago)
- Sertraline, Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim Double Strength, Dexilant for a 50-year old woman who has Depression, Infected Insect Bite, Acid Reflux (13 minutes ago)
- Levothyroxine Sodium for a 66-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism Postoperative (50 minutes ago)
- Klonopin, Celexa, Toprol-xl, Lisinopril for a 35-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Hypertension, Hypertension - Essential (55 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 40-year old woman who has Pulmonary Embolism (1 hour ago)
- Zofran, Morphine, Dilaudid, Prinivil, Sublimaze Preservative Free, Diprivan, Xylocaine, Versed, Ancef, Norvasc, Protonix, Lovenox, Proventil, Percocet, Tylenol, Dulcolax, Milk Of Magnesia, Benadryl, Claritin, Colace, Flonase, Restoril, Baciim, Librium for a 70-year old woman who has Nausea Postoperative, Surgery, Pain Postoperative, Hypertension, Relaxant, Operation, GERD, Prevent Clotting From Broken Hip/surgery, Asthma, Pain Postsurgical, Prevent Constipation Postsurgical, Itching, Allergy, Insomnia Postsurgical, Postsurgical, Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome Prevention In Hospital (1 hour ago)
- Aleve for a 50-year old woman who has Headache (2 hours ago)
- Alcohol 10% And Dextrose 5%, Methamphetamine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman who has Depression, Fatigue (2 hours ago)
- Rabeprazole Sodium for a 38-year old woman who has Acid Reflux (3 hours ago)
- Exelon for a 72-year old man who has Dementia Alzheimer's Type (3 hours ago)