Home > Amoxicillin > Vertigo > Amoxicillin and Vertigo
Review: could Amoxicillin cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 22,236 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,085 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Vertigo >>>
Amoxicillin (latest outcomes from 24,142 users) has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection.
Vertigo (latest reports from 1,294,614 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 22,224 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 1,099 people (4.95%) have Vertigo.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (73 people, 6.64%)
- Hypertension (56 people, 5.10%)
- Metastases to bone (48 people, 4.37%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 4.19%)
- Pain (43 people, 3.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (244 people, 22.20%)
- Zometa (233 people, 21.20%)
- Ambien (193 people, 17.56%)
- Digoxin (187 people, 17.02%)
- Aredia (187 people, 17.02%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Vertigo while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can urinary retention cause severe dizziness and lightheartedness?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Nausea, Urinary Retention, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Eczema, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS))
I had a kidney infection for 1.5 months diagnosed in August this year it took 2 lots of antibiotics to kick it but now I am left with SEVERE urinary retention I had a cystoscopy which only lasted for 24 hours it was done when I was awake so I think that it wasn't very affective by the next morning I ...
- Can you take amoxicillin when you are taking peginterferon and ribavirin
(Asked by a 40 year old man who takes Amoxicillin, Ribavirin, Peginterferon)
I wouldlike toknow if i take amoxicillin wether it will affect my treatment for HCV?
- 3-4 losartan can harm you
(Asked by a 48 year old woman who has Dizziness, and takes Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide)
If you ever took more than 4 pill of Losartan ,can this harm you in a way causing death
- Is it safe to take viagra with vestibular problem
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Dizziness, and takes Viagra)
Lost my hearing and developed vestibular disorder after benign tumor radio surgery. Just wondering whether is safe to take viagra.
- Is it possible that lyme disease can promote urine infections?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Reoccurring Urine Infections, and takes Amoxicillin)
I have had over 18 urine infections in the last year. I have been diagnosed with Lyme Disease a year and a half ago. My concern is how Lyme affects the bladder and also could MRSA be a part of the problem? Thank you.
More questions for: Amoxicillin, Vertigo
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Drug interractions savella. amoxicillin
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Pain And Buzzing In Right Hand, Wrist, and takes Amoxicillin, Savella)
Sudden ache, pain and neuropathy in right hand and wrist within 8 hours of sterting Amoxicillin.
- Mucinex dm and advil congetstion
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Dizziness)
I noticed another female with simlar age and side effects; and a third female who in addition was under active thyroid. I have taken both drugs independently and had no problem with them. I am prone to low blood pressure & dizziness due to the thyroid problem
- The fear that follows an attack of vertigo
(Posted by a 73 year old woman who has Vertigo)
I awoke one morning and it appeared my furniture was moving in the room. Everything was spinning. I have a ringing in my left ear. Went to an ENT who threw my condition into the catch 22 pile and said I had Meniere Disease. I would not accept that after I researched the horrible ailment. I soug ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Profolol side effects-will not use again
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Unable To Walk Without Holding Onto Walls, Sleepy, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Disoriented)
It is slightly more than 24 hours since profolol alone was given to me for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. I woke up quickly but very sleepy and tired. Forced to get in wheelchair and leave asap. Slept when I got home all night. The next day was very disoriented, lightheaded when I sat up or got up and ...
More reviews for: Amoxicillin, Vertigo
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Lexapro for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Anxiety, Pressure Sore, Lightheadedness - Dizzy
Comments: Ive been dizzy and lightheaded for 2 days . It moves from the back of my head to the front. I feel alot of pressure. I take a .5 mg of lexapro at noon daily. I split .25 xanax in half and take half in the morning and half at night before bed to help me sleep.
the symptoms get worse whenIm at work, ...
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a patient with Bronchial Infection. The patient has Rash (redness)
Comments: red raised lumps
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Otitis Media Acute. The patient has Stuttering And Children
Comments: 4 year old daughter has started stuttering since starting amoxicillin for a ear infection.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Dizziness, Cough, Shoulder Pain
Comments: I always get moderate to severe side effects from medications. I've been taking lisinopril about 6-8 years.
More related studies for: Amoxicillin, Vertigo
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.