Review: could Amoxicillin cause Vertigo (Dizziness)?
Summary: Vertigo is found among people who take Amoxicillin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 22,284 people who have side effects while taking Amoxicillin from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,100 have Vertigo. Find out below who they are, when they have Vertigo and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Vertigo >>>
Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from 24,194 Amoxicillin users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 164,856 Vertigo patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 22,284 people reported to have side effects when taking Amoxicillin. Among them, 1,100 people (4.94%) have Vertigo.
Time on Amoxicillin when people have Vertigo * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Amoxicillin * :
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Amoxicillin * :
Severity of Vertigo when taking Amoxicillin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Vertigo ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (73 people, 6.64%)
- Hypertension (56 people, 5.09%)
- Metastases to bone (48 people, 4.36%)
- Multiple myeloma (46 people, 4.18%)
- Pain (43 people, 3.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (244 people, 22.18%)
- Zometa (233 people, 21.18%)
- Ambien (193 people, 17.55%)
- Digoxin (187 people, 17.00%)
- Aredia (187 people, 17.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of amoxicillin and vertigo on
Do you have Vertigo while taking Amoxicillin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin and have Vertigo
- support group for people who take Amoxicillin
- support group for people who have Vertigo
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Armour Thyroid, Iodine, Acetaminophen, Amoxicillin for a 58-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Throat - Sore, Strep Throat. The patient has Red Eye
- A study of side effects of Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 59-year old man with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Vertigo Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Amlodipine Besylate for a 68-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Depersonalisation, Dizziness, Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Iscador, Amoxicillin for a 11-year old boy with Lung Cancer, Throat Infection.
Recent Amoxicillin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.