Home > Anafranil > Drug addiction > Anafranil and Drug addiction
Review: could Anafranil cause Drug addiction (Drug abuse and dependence)?
Summary: Drug addiction is found among people who take Anafranil, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lorazepam, and have Migraine.
We study 3,474 people who have side effects while taking Anafranil from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Drug addiction. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug addiction and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Anafranil and have Drug addiction >>>
Anafranil (latest outcomes from 3,587 users) has active ingredients of clomipramine hydrochloride. It is often used in obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Drug addiction (latest reports from 19,620 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, migraine.
On Nov, 28, 2014: 3,474 people reported to have side effects when taking Anafranil. Among them, 20 people (0.58%) have Drug Addiction.
Time on Anafranil when people have Drug addiction * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug addiction||75.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Drug addiction when taking Anafranil * :
|Drug addiction||30.00%||70.00% |
Age of people who have Drug addiction when taking Anafranil * :
|Drug addiction||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||31.25%||43.75%||6.25%||18.75%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (4 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 20.00%)
- Suicide attempt (2 people, 10.00%)
- Drug abuse (2 people, 10.00%)
- Toothache (2 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lorazepam (3 people, 15.00%)
- Trazodone hcl (3 people, 15.00%)
- Serenase (3 people, 15.00%)
- Ferro grad (3 people, 15.00%)
- Dihydroergotamine mesylate (3 people, 15.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Addiction while taking Anafranil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Anafranil and have Drug Addiction
- support group for people who take Anafranil
- support group for people who have Drug Addiction
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the reaction to vivitrol and ritalin?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Drug Addiction, and takes Seroquel, Vivitrol, Ritalin)
25 year old client in early recovery from opioid dependence takes ritalin and seroquel and wants to add vivitrol. What are the risks and side effects?
- Can nortriptyline help with suboxone withdrawal
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has PTSD, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Addiction - Drug, and takes Suboxone, Clonazepam, Nortriptyline Hydrochloride)
My Dr just prescribed me nortriptyline for stress induced migraines, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pains. She knows about all my meds but the suboxone I'm not prescribed them I get them from a friend. I've been on the suboxone for about 5 years now and can't handle the withdrawals but I've gone from ...
- Anafranil memory problems all details
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Obsessive-compulsive Disorder, and takes Anafranil)
OCD and anafranil side effects when do they go?
when does the side effects vanish?
what are the side effects for 37.5 anafranil dosage?
- Can a five day with withdrawl from suboxone cause criminal robbery to obtain the drug
(Asked by a 44 year old man who has Agitation, Drug Addiction, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Mood Swings, Hyperactivity And And Learning Disorder Reading Spelling, Severe Depression, and takes Bupropion Hydrochloride , Trazodone Hydrochloride, Neurontin, Suboxone)
PATIENT WAS OFF SUBOXONE BECAUSE CLINIC CANCELLED HIS APPOINTMENTS. PATIENT ROBBED A DRUG, WITHOUT A WEAPON, STORE INORDER TO GET HIS MEDICATION, HE IS NOW IN JAIL. HE HAS BEEN TAKING THE ABOVE LISTED DRUGS FOR THE PAST 2-5 YEARS.
More questions for: Anafranil, Drug addiction
More reviews for: Anafranil, Drug addiction
- A study of drug interactions between Prozac, Anafranil, Emsam, Klonopin for a patient with Depression, Ocd, Parkinson's Disease, Anxiety And Panic Disorder. The patient has
Comments: My neurologist has prescribed Selegiline for early stage Parkinson's disease. The neurologist assures me they often prescribed Selegiline with Prozac and Anafranil. My pharmacist has expressed concern about these drug combinations.
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Risperdal for a patient with ADHD, Childhood Psychosis. The patient has Ptsd, Grand Mal Seizure, Drug Abuse, Physical Abuse, Abandonment, Sexual Abuse, Night Terror, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conversion Disorder
Comments: Child was removed from her home of 13 years where child felt safe, loved, and maintained moderately well while on medications. Child has not been allowed to see her caregiver-grandmother of 13 yrs. Child was suddenly returned to drug addicted mother married to registered sex offender. Mother pimped ...
- A study of side effects of Anafranil for a patient with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has
Comments: used this medication in late teens early twenties for panic disorder had no side effects and it worked well for me. After several years of no panic disorder or medication have started to recently having depression and anixety and want to know if this medication would still be ok for me to safely use ...
- A study of side effects of Norco for a patient with Low Back Pain. The patient has Drug Addiction
Comments: I HAVE BEEN ON NORCO 10/325 FOR OVER 5YRS TAKIN BETWEEN 20/25 PERDAY .....NOW TODAY AS I WRITE..MY EYES HAVE FINALLY OPENED TO SEE MY LIFE AND WHAT I WAS MISSING.....NEVER THOUGHT I COULD DO IT COLD TURKEY BUT I DID...YEA NOW THE DEVIL IS FINALLY OFF MY BACK..AND I HAVE CONTROL..
- A study of side effects of Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Low Back Pain. The patient has Drug Addiction
Comments: Started taking 2 tramadol every 4 hours about 7 years ago, he can now take 6-8 tramadol at one time 2 or 3 times a day. He complains of more pains and aches to get more pain medications. His memory has become terrible. His ability to care about things that use to be very important to him seems to ha ...
More related studies for: Anafranil, Drug addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.