Anafranil and Drug addiction - from FDA reports
Drug addiction is found among people who take Anafranil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Abilify, and have Suicide attempt. This review analyzes which people have Drug addiction with Anafranil. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,345 people who have side effects when taking Anafranil from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
4,345 people reported to have side effects when taking Anafranil.
Among them, 64 people (1.47%) have Drug addiction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Anafranil when people have Drug addiction *:
- < 1 month: 88.89 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.7 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.7 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.7 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drug addiction when taking Anafranil *:
- female: 58.73 %
- male: 41.27 %
Age of people who have Drug addiction when taking Anafranil *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 13.79 %
- 30-39: 18.97 %
- 40-49: 17.24 %
- 50-59: 25.86 %
- 60+: 24.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Suicide Attempt (6 people, 9.38%)
- Intentional Self-Injury (5 people, 7.81%)
- Migraine (4 people, 6.25%)
- Headache (3 people, 4.69%)
- Toothaches (2 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Abilify (9 people, 14.06%)
- Haldol (8 people, 12.50%)
- Zestoretic (7 people, 10.94%)
- Cymbalta (7 people, 10.94%)
- Olanzapine (6 people, 9.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sopor (28 people, 43.75%)
- Suicide Attempt (15 people, 23.44%)
- Arrhythmias (14 people, 21.88%)
- Psychomotor Hyperactivity (9 people, 14.06%)
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness (8 people, 12.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drug addiction when taking Anafranil?
- Check symptoms - is drug addiction caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrug addiction and drugs with ingredients of clomipramine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug addiction and Anafranil from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Anafranil has active ingredients of clomipramine hydrochloride. It is often used in obsessive-compulsive disorder. (latest outcomes from Anafranil 4,534 users)
Drug addiction has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression (latest reports from 42,971 Drug addiction patients).
Browse all side effects of Anafranila b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Drug addictionDrug addiction
Could your condition cause Drug addictionDrug addiction
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I will be starting Ampyra in a few weeks, and I also use marijuana for spasticity. I am not a heavy user but an occasional user. Is there any interaction between those two drugs. I also take baclofen for spasticity, and I've never had any issues with MJ before.
I have been taking Vicodin (about 4-5 of the 5-325) everyday for almost 5 years. I have a very addictive personality and noticed that I'm getting to the abuse point. My doctor recommended switching me to Lyrica, I'm on day 3 and miserable. I want to get off as many meds as possible but still be ...
User reviews to the study
ANYONE KNOW IF USING STRIPS OF SUBOXONE AND CUTTING THEM INTO 8THS IS EASIER TO GET OFF SUBOXONE. BEEN ON FOR A YEAR AND I DON'T WANNA BE ON IT NO MORE. IM PRESCRIBED 2 1/2 A DAY BUT ONLY TAKE ONE I CAN TAKE A 1/4 AND BE OK I JUST HEARD THAT SUBOXONE WITHDRAWEL IS WORSE THAN PERCOSET.
Je n'arrive pas à arrêter l'anafranil et personne ne me croit ni ma psy ni mon généraliste il mettent tout sur un problème psy non réglé mais mon corps ne ment pas Chaque fois que j'arrête c'est l'angoisse la fatigue, la diarrhée les vertiges ! J'en ai marre