Review: could Anafranil cause Retrograde ejaculation?
Summary: Retrograde ejaculation is reported only by a few people who take Anafranil.
We study 3,477 people who have side effects while taking Anafranil from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Retrograde ejaculation. Find out below who they are, when they have Retrograde ejaculation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Anafranil and have Retrograde ejaculation >>>
Anafranil has active ingredients of clomipramine hydrochloride. It is often used in obsessive-compulsive disorder. (latest outcomes from 3,589 Anafranil users)
Retrograde ejaculation (entry of semen into the bladder instead of going out through the urethra during ejaculation) has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, prostatomegaly. (latest reports from 359 Retrograde ejaculation patients)
On Apr, 5, 2015: 3,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Anafranil. Among them, 2 people (0.06%) have Retrograde Ejaculation.
Time on Anafranil when people have Retrograde ejaculation * :
Gender of people who have Retrograde ejaculation when taking Anafranil * :
|Retrograde ejaculation||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Retrograde ejaculation when taking Anafranil * :
|Retrograde ejaculation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Retrograde ejaculation when taking Anafranil ** :
How people recovered from Retrograde ejaculation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cardura (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of anafranil and retrograde ejaculation on
Do you have Retrograde Ejaculation while taking Anafranil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Anafranil and have Retrograde Ejaculation
- support group for people who take Anafranil
- support group for people who have Retrograde Ejaculation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Propranolol Hydrochloride, Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 20-year old woman with Anxiety, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Cold Sweat
- A study of side effects of Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old man with Obsessive-compulsive Disorder. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of side effects of Norvasc for a 50-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Erectile Dysfunction, Hot Flushes, Ejaculation Retrograde
- A study of side effects of Clomipramine Hydrochloride for a 35-year old woman with OCD. The patient has Arrhythmia
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Crestor, Singulair, Nexium, Bystolic, Anafranil for a 56-year old woman with Urine Sugar Reagent Poisoning, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergies, Gerd, Heart Pounding Or Racing, Anxiety. The patient has Sweating - Excessive
Recent Anafranil related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.