Review: could Anastrozole cause Hyperthyroidism?
Summary: Hyperthyroidism is reported only by a few people who take Anastrozole.
We study 1,719 people who have side effects while taking Anastrozole from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hyperthyroidism and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Anastrozole and have Hyperthyroidism >>>
Anastrozole has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Anastrozole 1,795 users)
Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, hypothyroidism, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Hyperthyroidism 7,518 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 1,718 people reported to have side effects when taking Anastrozole. Among them, 1 people (0.06%) has Hyperthyroidism.
Time on Anastrozole when people have Hyperthyroidism * :
Age of people who have Hyperthyroidism when taking Anastrozole * :
Severity of Hyperthyroidism when taking Anastrozole ** :
How people recovered from Hyperthyroidism ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thyrotoxic crisis (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Escitolapram (1 people, 100.00%)
- Amlopdipine (1 people, 100.00%)
- Propylthiouracil (1 people, 100.00%)
- Pantoprazole (1 people, 100.00%)
- Acetaminophen (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hyperthyroidism while taking Anastrozole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Anastrozole and have Hyperthyroidism
- support group for people who take Anastrozole
- support group for people who have Hyperthyroidism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took 20mg fluoxitine daily for 11 years. my doctor increased the dosage to 40mg daily. within 3 weeks time, i started having night sweats. is this due to doubling the dose? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 89 year old woman who has I Also Have Lost Most Of My Hair Since I Started Fluxotine 11 Years Ago. If I Stop It, And Take Something Else, Will My Hair Grow Back/, and takes Arimidex)
Could the generic for ARIMIDEX be a cause for the hair loss as well as the night sweats, instead of the fluxotine?. The doubling of fluxotine & the start of the anastrole both started at about the same time. Which one is mostlikely to be the culprit? I am going to stop one or both of them. I'm 8 ...
- I'm interested in your study on anastrozole. i'm taking it and have so many side effects all in the form of pain. tylenol doesn't help and i can't take nsaids. i've only been on it for three months.
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Pain, and takes Anastrozole)
I have bad knee pain, trouble walking, standing, due to pain. Stiff neck. Headache. I live in two story home and stairs are painful to climb. I care for my 97 year old mother and I'm extremely crabby with her. I also work (necessarily) for three hours a day but not every day. I've been on the Anastr ...
- Does yur ankles swell after stopping arimidex (1 answer)
(Asked by a 81 year old woman who has Breast Cancer In Situ, and takes Arimidex)
I stopped taking it about a year ago, my pulse rate is now below 100 , but my ankles swell, back hurts, bone pain.
- Can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help overactive thyroid?
(Asked by a 14 year old girl who has Overactive Thyroid, and takes Aphanizomenon Flos-aquae)
can aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera help Overactive thyroid? i got 14 year female that have Overactive thyroid and easy to get tired.
If her condition tired she got alot of pimple and very weak.
I got aphanizomenon flos-aquae + spirulina + chollera to helping her. but not sure if t ...
- Interaction of arimidex with ginseng
(Asked by a 74 year old woman who has Breast Cancer In Situ, and takes Arimidex, Ginseng, Siberian)
Arimidex is blocking estrogen production, Ginseng is balancing estrogen. Are they interfering with each other?
More questions for: Anastrozole, Hyperthyroidism
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Debilitating side effects of anastrozole
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Stage Iiia Breast Cancer, and takes Anastrozole)
Initial 2 months on anastrozole I felt fine. After the 3rd month, I became depressed. I awakened with
trigger thumb requiring 2 cortisone shots to regain use of my hand! I also experienced burning pain in right shoulder, right bicep, right forearm, right wrist & spasms in right hand, intermittentl ...
More reviews for: Anastrozole, Hyperthyroidism
- A study of drug interactions between Anastrozole, Herceptin for a patient with Cancer - Breast, Breast Cancer Her2+. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet
Comments: Still getting Herceptin after 7 months. Will be finished in March 2015. Began taking the Anastrozole in June of 2014 and will be taking this medication for five years. Two weeks ago started waking up in the middle of the night with numbness and tingling sensation in hands and fingers. It is uncom ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
- A study of side effects of Anastrozole for a patient with Breast Cancer Stage I. The patient has Breast Soreness Especially Around Where Lump Was Removed
Comments: I have a slight soreness only in the breast where the lump was removed and especially around where the lump was removed. Sometimes a slight soreness in to lymph area. My surgery was in Sept. 2013 and radiation ended March 5, 2014 and that is when I started Anastrozole. The soreness began about 2- ...
- A study of side effects of Arimidex for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Throat Irritation
Comments: After I talked to my friend for 3 hours on the phone, I lost my voice and had a sore throat. I usually recover from throat irritation quickly. But this time I have been having a throat irritation for more than 1 month.
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Amlodipine Maleate; Benazepril Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypertension. The patient has Hyperthyroidism
Comments: Just found out that I had very mild hyperthyrodism recently, on diet now, Not sure if it was effected by taking Gemfibrozil or not. I had taken Gemfibrozil
about 2 years. and Off about 1 year.After off , I found out have hyperthyrodism.
Like to have feedback.
More related studies for: Anastrozole, Hyperthyroidism
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.