Review: could Anastrozole cause Tardive dyskinesia?
Summary: Tardive dyskinesia is reported only by a few people who take Anastrozole.
We study 1,719 people who have side effects while taking Anastrozole from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Tardive dyskinesia. Find out below who they are, when they have Tardive dyskinesia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Anastrozole and have Tardive dyskinesia >>>
Anastrozole has active ingredients of anastrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Anastrozole 1,795 users)
Tardive dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements) has been reported by people with indigestion, abdominal distension, bipolar disorder, depression, gastrointestinal disorder.(latest reports from Tardive dyskinesia 23,204 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 1,718 people reported to have side effects when taking Anastrozole. Among them, 3 people (0.17%) have Tardive Dyskinesia.
Time on Anastrozole when people have Tardive dyskinesia * :
Age of people who have Tardive dyskinesia when taking Anastrozole * :
|Tardive dyskinesia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Tardive dyskinesia when taking Anastrozole ** :
How people recovered from Tardive dyskinesia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypersensitivity (2 people, 66.67%)
- Depression (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zolpidem tartrate (3 people, 100.00%)
- Clarinex (3 people, 100.00%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 100.00%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 100.00%)
- Allegra-d 12 hour (3 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tardive Dyskinesia while taking Anastrozole?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Anastrozole and have Tardive Dyskinesia
- support group for people who take Anastrozole
- support group for people who have Tardive Dyskinesia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I took 20mg fluoxitine daily for 11 years. my doctor increased the dosage to 40mg daily. within 3 weeks time, i started having night sweats. is this due to doubling the dose? (1 answer)
Could the generic for ARIMIDEX be a cause for the hair loss as well as the night sweats, instead of the fluxotine?. The doubling of fluxotine & the start of the anastrole both started at about the same time. Which one is mostlikely to be the culprit? I am going to stop one or both of them. I'm 89 yrs old and gonna die from something, and I don't want it to be the medication I'm taking to try and destroy the estrogen still being produced in this old body even though I no longer have my female organs. Also
my AST Liver function increased higher than normal by 9 points after I took it only 2 weeks. Would
this hormone cause that too?
- What are effects of psychiatric medications on milk thistle?
I have schizophrenia and I take all the modern drugs to combat - including haldol, risperidone, and generic seroquel. I was just wondering because of a bloated stomach would milk thistle interact with these medications. I just heard it was good for you. 'educated theory', non-publicized by me, both 'health professionals'. Don't feel afraid to tell me the truth.
- I'm interested in your study on anastrozole. i'm taking it and have so many side effects all in the form of pain. tylenol doesn't help and i can't take nsaids. i've only been on it for three months.
I have bad knee pain, trouble walking, standing, due to pain. Stiff neck. Headache. I live in two story home and stairs are painful to climb. I care for my 97 year old mother and I'm extremely crabby with her. I also work (necessarily) for three hours a day but not every day. I've been on the Anastrozole for three months. Do I need to continue the Anastrozole? My score for how aggressive my breast cancer was came back a "three."
- Does yur ankles swell after stopping arimidex (1 answer)
I stopped taking it about a year ago, my pulse rate is now below 100 , but my ankles swell, back hurts, bone pain.
- Interaction of arimidex with ginseng
Arimidex is blocking estrogen production, Ginseng is balancing estrogen. Are they interfering with each other?
More questions for: Anastrozole, Tardive dyskinesia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Intuniv and tardive dyskenesia
My daughter has autism and hyperactivity. She was treated with Intuniv for about 2 years. She developed tardive dyskenesia. I am currently in the process of finding ways to treat it. I have tried Zantac, baclofen, no treatment. so far those have not helped. I am going to try vitamin B6 now in hope of alleviating the condition.
- Tardive dyskinesia and shingles
I have always been hypersensitive to drugs. I have multiple allergies which have in some cases caused anaphylaxis. I developed Tardive Dyskinesia after being on Geodone for five days. (stopped geodon immediately after manifestation of symptoms) The symptoms began on the third day. I have managed to keep the Tardive Dyskinesia under control or to a few ticks finding my triggers and avoiding them. Like Caffeine, stress, and anxiety. I also had physical therapy and joined a gym. I also take an herbal supplement Relax and Sleep (4 yrs now) which helps a great deal. Recently, I developed shingles. The pain was unbearable and for some reason it triggered or aggravated Tardive Dyskinesia. I've been having inner tremors ever since and have had two bouts of Tardive Dyskinesia that borders on violent. I look like I'm having a seizure or Parkinsons. I always feel it coming on before it strikes. My chest muscles tighten and my arms and body are tense but I'm constantly moving. I can't speak and have difficulty walking when it occurs. My legs feel like weights. My face twitches, my eye winks and I can't swallow. Relax and sleep by natures made has been a life saver. It has melatonin, valerian root and chamomile. As a matter a fact I was in remission for a year. I only had subtle movements. I posted the discovery on youtube and other people have reported improvements. Mainly I wanted to know if the shingles triggered this episode because it effects the nerves? My grandmother developed alzheimer's late in life. I'm 49 years of age. Something is wrong. I can feel it.
- My t.d. and my living hell (3 responses)
I was dianosed with T.D. on Sept. 19, 2013...by a neurologist at St. Peters Hospital in Albany, NY...I was taken there because of concern that I had suffered a stroke...since then, life for, not only me, but my family has pretty much come to a screeching halt...I seemed to have hit the jackpot as far as the symptoms go, getting most associated w/ T.D. w/ the exception of rapid eye movement...my speech comes and goes, I have head tilting (to the right), very difficult to watch TV...I constantly drool, creating secondary problems w/ my mouth...(open sores inside of my mouth, terrible pain at times, very painful pimples on my chin an lips, etc.)extremely fatigue...hand and feet movement, uncontrolled stepping or marching in place...and the list goes on...I go to medical professionals all of the time and do not get much satisfaction...I try medications without much success...(all of this is getting very expensive)...My next move is to try heavy doses of Amino Acids...(not covered by ins. and $120.00+ per month...my Primary suggested a Case Manager because he feels that I may not be getting the best treatment I could be getting...right now, I'm losing confidence in everything...I DO know that it sucks to be me right now...
- Debilitating side effects of anastrozole
Initial 2 months on anastrozole I felt fine. After the 3rd month, I became depressed. I awakened with
trigger thumb requiring 2 cortisone shots to regain use of my hand! I also experienced burning pain in right shoulder, right bicep, right forearm, right wrist & spasms in right hand, intermittently. I had intense pressure in my right groin extending to my right knee along my varicose vein causing it to dilate. I could not walk for more than ten minutes and even standing was difficult. Anastrozole was d/c'd and am now on exemestane. Symptoms persist but to a much lesser degree. Appointments with a physical therapist for the groin problem are alleviating the pressure.
More reviews for: Anastrozole, Tardive dyskinesia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Still getting Herceptin after 7 months. Will be finished in March 2015. Began taking the Anastrozole in June of 2014 and will be taking this medication for five years. Two weeks ago started waking up in the middle of the night with numbness and tingling sensation in hands and fingers. It is uncom ...
- I have a slight soreness only in the breast where the lump was removed and especially around where the lump was removed. Sometimes a slight soreness in to lymph area. My surgery was in Sept. 2013 and radiation ended March 5, 2014 and that is when I started Anastrozole. The soreness began about 2- ...
- I have become aware, within the last 2 years, that I have been moving the back of my tongue at a rapid rate. I didn't realize that I was doing it until about 2 years ago. I am able to stop doing it when I think about it, but when not paying attention, I start doing it again. When I am anxious or ...
- After I talked to my friend for 3 hours on the phone, I lost my voice and had a sore throat. I usually recover from throat irritation quickly. But this time I have been having a throat irritation for more than 1 month.
- I has an undiagnosed pain syndrome for 6 years.
Developed breast cancer and received treatment including Arimidrex.
Now with debilitating fatigue and need to keep legs up in chair 23/7. Not able to do simple personal tasks.
It's been 5 years since cancer treatment!
More related studies for: Anastrozole, Tardive dyskinesia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.