Review: could Androgel cause Breast enlargement?
Summary: Breast enlargement is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydrochlorothiazide, and have Blood testosterone decreased.
We study 4,108 people who have side effects while taking Androgel from FDA and social media. Among them, 12 have Breast enlargement. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast enlargement and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Androgel and have Breast enlargement >>>
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from 4,426 Androgel users)
Breast enlargement has been reported by people with enlarged prostate, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 1,976 Breast enlargement patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 4,108 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel. Among them, 12 people (0.29%) have Breast Enlargement.
Time on Androgel when people have Breast enlargement * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast enlargement when taking Androgel * :
|Breast enlargement||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||18.18%||54.55%||18.18% |
Severity of Breast enlargement when taking Androgel ** :
How people recovered from Breast enlargement ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood testosterone decreased (7 people, 58.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 33.33%)
- Lung disorder (3 people, 25.00%)
- Fluid retention (3 people, 25.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydrochlorothiazide (5 people, 41.67%)
- Metformin hcl (4 people, 33.33%)
- Simvastatin (3 people, 25.00%)
- Albuterol (3 people, 25.00%)
- Singulair (3 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of androgel and breast enlargement on
Do you have Breast Enlargement while taking Androgel?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Androgel and have Breast Enlargement
- support group for people who take Androgel
- support group for people who have Breast Enlargement
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin A, Mirena for a 31-year old woman with Over All Health And M.s., Birth Control, Endometriosis. The patient has Moodiness, Breast Enlargement
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Cialis for a 49-year old man with Loss Of Libido, Erectile Dysfunction. The patient has Anger
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Levothyroxine Sodium for a 68-year old man with Muscular Weakness, Overactive Thyroid. The patient has Zopiclon 3.5, Aspirin, Ticagrelor 90, Atorvastatin 40
- A study of side effects of Testosterone for a 57-year old man with Fatigue. The patient has Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 40-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Breast Enlargement
Recent Androgel related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.