Androgel and Breast swelling - from FDA reports
Breast swelling is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood testosterone decreased. This review analyzes which people have Breast swelling with Androgel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,549 people who have side effects when taking Androgel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 03, 2017
19,549 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 18 people (0.09%) have Breast swelling
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Breast swelling *:
- < 1 month: 20 %
- 1 - 6 months: 80 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Breast swelling when taking Androgel *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Breast swelling when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 57.14 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (7 people, 38.89%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2 people, 11.11%)
- Pain (1 person, 5.56%)
- Fluid Retention (1 person, 5.56%)
- Bladder Disorder (1 person, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (1 person, 5.56%)
- Lasix (1 person, 5.56%)
- Bactrim (1 person, 5.56%)
- B-12 (1 person, 5.56%)
- Aspirin (1 person, 5.56%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breast Pain (7 people, 38.89%)
- Weakness (6 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (6 people, 33.33%)
- Local Swelling (6 people, 33.33%)
- Chest Pain (6 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Breast swelling when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is breast swelling caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBreast swelling and drugs with ingredients of testosterone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBreast swelling and Androgel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 20,154 users)
Breast swelling has been reported by people with birth control, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, enlarged prostate (latest reports from 1,703 Breast swelling patients).
Browse all side effects of Androgela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Breast swellingBreast swelling
Could your condition cause Breast swellingBreast swelling
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
Hi my name is Christina. I have been extremely worried about this. Have gone to the doctors and taking all kinds of blood work with nothing is wrong. My breasts have been swollen and painful for about 3 months. I have become depressed and tired alot and not motivated to workout because of my ...