Review: could Androgel cause High blood pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 4,095 people who take Androgel. Among them, 127 have High blood pressure. See who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Androgel (latest outcomes from 4,391 users) has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone, hypogonadism male. Commonly reported side effects of Androgel include fatigue, blood testosterone decreased, fatigue aggravated, weakness, breathing difficulty.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,141,755 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Feb, 23, 2014: 3,944 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel. Among them, 113 people (2.87%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Androgel when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||27.78%||33.33%||11.11%||13.89%||13.89%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Androgel * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.96%||12.50%||32.69%||53.85% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Androgel ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood testosterone decreased (37 people, 32.74%)
- Hypertension (34 people, 30.09%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (13 people, 11.50%)
- Pain (10 people, 8.85%)
- Hypogonadism (9 people, 7.96%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (42 people, 37.17%)
- Lipitor (21 people, 18.58%)
- Testosterone (18 people, 15.93%)
- Nexium (17 people, 15.04%)
- Coumadin (17 people, 15.04%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Androgel, High blood pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Androgel (testosterone) is often used for testosterone. Find out below the conditions Androgel is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Androgel used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Androgel side effects from A to Z:
Browse Androgel drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Steady decline for four years, but extreme decline over two months leading me in to hospital
From this study (2 months ago):
Started taking androgel for low T levels for 1 month and had a-lot heart burn and the that was changed to axiron and then I started feeling like I had hot face ( Maybe High Blood Pressure) and severe water retention or weight gain
From this study (4 years ago):
I thought I was going to pass out during a First Aid/CPR class yesterday, while just sitting there.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Androgel, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
More reviews for: Androgel, High blood pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Plaquenil, Percocet, Phenergan, Testosterone, Synthroid, Fludrocortisone Acetate, Hydrocortisone Acetate, Prozac, Klonopin, Stavzor, Nadolol, Fentanyl-25, Percocet for a patient with Insomnia, Lupus, Severe Pain For Lupus And Ra, Vomiting Projectile, Shots Bi-weekly For Low T, Low Thyroid, Ace Levels, Adrenal Mass, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Migraine, Chronic Pain, Pain. The patient has Lethargy (Fatigue), Muscle Weakness (Weakness), Lack Of Satiety, Salt Craving, Dizzy And Faint, High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia), Ace Levels, Blood Cortisol Abnormal, Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Weight Loss, Fatigue, Loss Of Libido, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased), Blood Pressure (Blood Pressure Management), Energy Increased, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Axiron, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Lortab, Adderall 30 for a patient with Severe Tbi, Testosterone, Sleep Due Severe Tbi, Ocd, Pain, Add. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Severe Water Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Amoxicillin, Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada, Vicodin, Testim, Fish Oil for a patient with Cytomegalovirus Colitis, Abscess Jaw, Hiv Infection, Neuropathy Peripheral, Blood Testosterone Decreased, Hdl. The patient has Hypertension (High blood pressure), Blood Glucose Increased, Back Pain, Flatulence
More related studies for: Androgel, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.