Androgel and High blood pressure - from FDA reports
High blood pressure is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Blood testosterone decreased. This review analyzes which people have High blood pressure with Androgel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,549 people who have side effects when taking Androgel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
19,549 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 408 people (2.09%) have High blood pressure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have High blood pressure *:
- < 1 month: 11.59 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.16 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10.87 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.49 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.84 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10.87 %
- 10+ years: 2.17 %
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Androgel *:
- female: 3.79 %
- male: 96.21 %
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.21 %
- 30-39: 4.03 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 44.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (135 people, 33.09%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (47 people, 11.52%)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (26 people, 6.37%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (23 people, 5.64%)
- Depression (20 people, 4.90%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (39 people, 9.56%)
- Testim (36 people, 8.82%)
- Lipitor (31 people, 7.60%)
- Nexium (27 people, 6.62%)
- Androderm (27 people, 6.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Heart Attack (48 people, 11.76%)
- Chest Pain (38 people, 9.31%)
- Headache (36 people, 8.82%)
- Stress And Anxiety (35 people, 8.58%)
- Fatigue (35 people, 8.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have High blood pressure when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is high blood pressure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHigh blood pressure and drugs with ingredients of testosterone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHigh blood pressure and Androgel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 20,154 users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, depression (latest reports from 541,323 High blood pressure patients).
Browse all side effects of Androgela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with High blood pressureHigh blood pressure
Could your condition cause High blood pressureHigh blood pressure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My blood pressure always used to be on the lower side. I am taking Methadone 7.5mg daily(2.5mg 3 times daily) for chronic pain. Ever since I am on 2.5mg Methdone tablets every 8 hours since nine months, my blood pressure has become very uncontrollable i.e. has been on the higher side.
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
User reviews to the study
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
Has anyone taken Diflucan that also has high blood pressure and are having really high increase in blood pressure. My is running in 170/ 111_ even after sleeping and woke up took it and the bottom number was 103. It's been about a week since I took the last Diflucan