Androgel and Muscle twitching - from FDA reports
Muscle twitching is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fenofibrate, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Muscle twitching with Androgel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,549 people who have side effects when taking Androgel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 01, 2017
19,549 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 29 people (0.15%) have Muscle twitching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Muscle twitching *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Androgel *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Muscle twitching when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 6.67 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 6.67 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 13.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (21 people, 72.41%)
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (4 people, 13.79%)
- Tooth Abscess (1 person, 3.45%)
- Pyogenic Liver Abscess (1 person, 3.45%)
- Hypersensitivity (1 person, 3.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fenofibrate (22 people, 75.86%)
- Morphine Sulfate (21 people, 72.41%)
- Metoprolol Tartrate (21 people, 72.41%)
- Levitra (21 people, 72.41%)
- Ativan (21 people, 72.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (22 people, 75.86%)
- Insomnia (22 people, 75.86%)
- Pain (21 people, 72.41%)
- Fever (21 people, 72.41%)
- Diarrhea (21 people, 72.41%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Muscle twitching when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is muscle twitching caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMuscle twitching and drugs with ingredients of testosterone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMuscle twitching and Androgel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 20,154 users)
Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 16,967 Muscle twitching patients).
Browse all side effects of Androgela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Muscle twitchingMuscle twitching
Could your condition cause Muscle twitchingMuscle twitching
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Ive recently started taking suboxone 2mg twice a day. Since beginning the meds I have been experiencing muscle jerks or twitching. It seems to happen more when I'm laying down and almost asleep. When I jerk it startles me and I start again. It has started happening even when I'm not trying to ...
I've been having random muscular twitches all over my body for two months. I also have a new severe case of acid reflux. I recently had a baby and vomited a lot while pregnant. Also, I had terrible heartburn while pregnant. Anybody have any similar things happen?
User reviews to the study
I have chronic stress, anxiety and worry, Now 6 weeks off random twitching, also suffer from health anxiety. My doctor says its form my the stress and OCD, But I can not stop going online. This has made me just terrified. Just wonder if there is anyone out their like me.