Review: could Androgel cause Pulmonary hypertension?
Summary: Pulmonary hypertension is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Lasix, and have Thalassaemia.
We study 4,108 people who have side effects while taking Androgel from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Pulmonary hypertension. Find out below who they are, when they have Pulmonary hypertension and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Androgel and have Pulmonary hypertension >>>
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from 4,426 Androgel users)
Pulmonary hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery) has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, depression, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 25,856 Pulmonary hypertension patients)
On Feb, 25, 2015: 4,108 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel. Among them, 16 people (0.39%) have Pulmonary Hypertension.
Time on Androgel when people have Pulmonary hypertension * :
Age of people who have Pulmonary hypertension when taking Androgel * :
|Pulmonary hypertension||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||0.00%||23.08%||15.38%||53.85% |
Severity of Pulmonary hypertension when taking Androgel ** :
How people recovered from Pulmonary hypertension ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Thalassaemia (3 people, 18.75%)
- Iron overload (2 people, 12.50%)
- Blood testosterone decreased (2 people, 12.50%)
- Pain (2 people, 12.50%)
- Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (2 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (7 people, 43.75%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 37.50%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 31.25%)
- Vitamin d (5 people, 31.25%)
- Cozaar (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pulmonary Hypertension while taking Androgel?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Androgel and have Pulmonary Hypertension
- support group for people who take Androgel
- support group for people who have Pulmonary hypertension
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of side effects of Androgel for a 41-year old man with Testosterone. The patient has Hypohidrosis (lack of sweating), Itching
- A study of side effects of Testim for a 58-year old man with Empty Sella Syndrome. The patient has Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Testosterone, Diovan Hct for a 52-year old woman with Testosterone, Hypertension. The patient has Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Metronidazole, Testosterone, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Lovastatin, Clonazepam, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Metformin for a 66-year old man with Rosacea, Testosterone, Familial Tremor, Hyperlipidaemia, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Reflux Gastritis, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Blisters, Facial Pain, Photosensitivity Reaction
Recent Androgel related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Testosterone, Niacin, Metoprolol Succinate for a 77-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Testosterone Propionate, Testosterone for a 60-year old man who has Mental Impairment
- Comparions of Testim, Uloric, Prednisone for a 59-year old man who has Gout
- Comparions of Android 5, Androgel for a 20-year old man who has Kallmann Syndrome
- Comparions of Testosterone, Adderall 20, Suboxone for a 37-year old man who has Ge
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.