Androgel and Pulmonary hypertension - from FDA reports
Pulmonary hypertension is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Thalassaemia. This review analyzes which people have Pulmonary hypertension with Androgel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,549 people who have side effects when taking Androgel from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 04, 2017
19,549 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 34 people (0.17%) have Pulmonary hypertension
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Pulmonary hypertension *:
- < 1 month: 18.18 %
- 1 - 6 months: 18.18 %
- 6 - 12 months: 18.18 %
- 1 - 2 years: 9.09 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.18 %
- 5 - 10 years: 18.18 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pulmonary hypertension when taking Androgel *:
- female: 2.94 %
- male: 97.06 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary hypertension when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 3.85 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 19.23 %
- 50-59: 34.62 %
- 60+: 42.31 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Thalassaemia (6 people, 17.65%)
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (4 people, 11.76%)
- Osteoporosis (3 people, 8.82%)
- Pain (2 people, 5.88%)
- Depression (2 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (7 people, 20.59%)
- Testim (6 people, 17.65%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 17.65%)
- Exjade (6 people, 17.65%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 17.65%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pulmonary Embolism (13 people, 38.24%)
- Oedema Peripheral (9 people, 26.47%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (9 people, 26.47%)
- Abdominal Discomfort (8 people, 23.53%)
- Weakness (7 people, 20.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Pulmonary hypertension when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is pulmonary hypertension caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPulmonary hypertension and drugs with ingredients of testosterone.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePulmonary hypertension and Androgel from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 20,154 users)
Pulmonary hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery) has been reported by people with pulmonary hypertension, primary pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis (latest reports from 57,292 Pulmonary hypertension patients).
Browse all side effects of Androgela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Pulmonary hypertensionPulmonary hypertension
Could your condition cause Pulmonary hypertensionPulmonary hypertension
What would happen?
Questions to the study
The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...