Androgel and Red blood cell count increased - from FDA reports
Red blood cell count increased is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fish Oil, and have Blood testosterone decreased. This review analyzes which people have Red blood cell count increased with Androgel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,045 people who have side effects when taking Androgel from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 05, 2017
18,045 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 48 people (0.27%) have Red Blood Cell Count Increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Red Blood Cell Count Increased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 70 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 10 %
Gender of people who have Red Blood Cell Count Increased when taking Androgel *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Red Blood Cell Count Increased when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.14 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 32.14 %
- 60+: 46.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (30 people, 62.50%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 12.50%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 12.50%)
- Vitamin Supplementation (5 people, 10.42%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (5 people, 10.42%)
- Fish Oil (5 people, 10.42%)
- Neurontin (4 people, 8.33%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 6.25%)
- Oxycontin (3 people, 6.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (8 people, 16.67%)
- Haemoglobin Increased (7 people, 14.58%)
- Haematocrit Increased (7 people, 14.58%)
- Fatigue (5 people, 10.42%)
- Blood Testosterone Increased (4 people, 8.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red blood cell count increased when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is red blood cell count increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 18,641 users)
Red Blood Cell Count Increased
Red blood cell count increased has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, rheumatoid arthritis, blood testosterone decreased (latest reports from 1,306 Red blood cell count increased patients).