Androgel and Red blood cell count increased - from FDA reports
Red blood cell count increased is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fish Oil, and have Blood testosterone decreased . We study 17,270 people who have side effects while taking Androgel from FDA. Among them, 47 have Red blood cell count increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Red blood cell count increased and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 17,858 users)
Red Blood Cell Count Increased
Red blood cell count increased has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, blood testosterone decreased (latest reports from 1,248 Red blood cell count increased patients).
On Jan, 29, 2017
17,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 47 people (0.27%) have Red Blood Cell Count Increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Red Blood Cell Count Increased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 70 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 10 %
Gender of people who have Red Blood Cell Count Increased when taking Androgel *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Red Blood Cell Count Increased when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.14 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 32.14 %
- 60+: 46.43 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (30 people, 63.83%)
- High Blood Pressure (6 people, 12.77%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 12.77%)
- Vitamin Supplementation (5 people, 10.64%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 6.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (5 people, 10.64%)
- Fish Oil (5 people, 10.64%)
- Neurontin (4 people, 8.51%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 6.38%)
- Oxycontin (3 people, 6.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (8 people, 17.02%)
- Haemoglobin Increased (7 people, 14.89%)
- Haematocrit Increased (7 people, 14.89%)
- Polycythaemia (4 people, 8.51%)
- Blood Testosterone Increased (4 people, 8.51%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red blood cell count increased when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is red blood cell count increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Androgela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Red blood cell count increasedRed blood cell count increased
Could your condition cause Red blood cell count increasedRed blood cell count increased
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello, I was on Androgel for approximately 3 years. Then my insurance company would not pay for the gel and put me on the injectable formula. I was on it for about six months, blood pressure went through the roof, I felt like crap and I think may have had a small stroke. I discontinued ...