Androgel and Tinnitus - from FDA reports
Tinnitus is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Flomax, and have Blood testosterone decreased. This review analyzes which people have Tinnitus with Androgel. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,549 people who have side effects when taking Androgel from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
19,549 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 35 people (0.18%) have Tinnitus
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Tinnitus *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 88.89 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Androgel *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 13.04 %
- 50-59: 43.48 %
- 60+: 43.48 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (10 people, 28.57%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 25.71%)
- Thyroid Diseases (3 people, 8.57%)
- Pain (3 people, 8.57%)
- Enlarged Prostate (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (4 people, 11.43%)
- Norvasc (4 people, 11.43%)
- Flomax (4 people, 11.43%)
- Synthroid (3 people, 8.57%)
- Lipitor (3 people, 8.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (6 people, 17.14%)
- Paraesthesia (6 people, 17.14%)
- Weakness (5 people, 14.29%)
- High Blood Pressure (5 people, 14.29%)
- Headache (5 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Tinnitus when taking Androgel?
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 18,646 users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 30,035 Tinnitus patients).