Androgel and Weight loss - unintentional - from FDA reports
Weight loss - unintentional is found among people who take Androgel, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aredia, and have Blood testosterone decreased . We study 17,270 people who have side effects while taking Androgel from FDA. Among them, 304 have Weight loss - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss - unintentional and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Androgel has active ingredients of testosterone. It is often used in testosterone. (latest outcomes from Androgel 17,859 users)
Weight Loss - Unintentional
Weight loss - unintentional has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 148,252 Weight loss - unintentional patients).
On Jan, 30, 2017
17,270 people reported to have side effects when taking Androgel.
Among them, 304 people (1.76%) have Weight Loss - Unintentional
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Androgel when people have Weight Loss - Unintentional *:
- < 1 month: 10.64 %
- 1 - 6 months: 31.91 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.51 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.4 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.77 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.77 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight Loss - Unintentional when taking Androgel *:
- female: 2.97 %
- male: 97.03 %
Age of people who have Weight Loss - Unintentional when taking Androgel *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.2 %
- 40-49: 12.33 %
- 50-59: 40.64 %
- 60+: 43.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Blood Testosterone Decreased (98 people, 32.24%)
- Multiple Myeloma (41 people, 13.49%)
- High Blood Pressure (35 people, 11.51%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (28 people, 9.21%)
- Pain (24 people, 7.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aredia (68 people, 22.37%)
- Aspirin (63 people, 20.72%)
- Fish Oil (53 people, 17.43%)
- Neurontin (52 people, 17.11%)
- Prilosec (49 people, 16.12%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (90 people, 29.61%)
- Stress And Anxiety (67 people, 22.04%)
- Pain (65 people, 21.38%)
- Weakness (63 people, 20.72%)
- Breathing Difficulty (63 people, 20.72%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight loss - unintentional when taking Androgel?
- Check symptoms - is weight loss - unintentional caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Androgela b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Weight loss - unintentionalWeight loss - unintentional
Could your condition cause Weight loss - unintentionalWeight loss - unintentional
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Frequent urination gradually ramped up 3 years ago and intensified after a kidney stone 18 months ago. Went on myrbetriq this August and notice that my weight dropped after thanksgiving by 8 lbs from 143 to 135 (5'6" tall and exercise regularly.) My weight has dropped by another 3 pounds by ...
Hello All, My name is Dorothy and I have been taking Creon 36,000 for approximately 2 months. I have been diagnosed with EPI and Creon certainly has helped with my diarrhea. I did unintentionally lose weight and it was okay because I needed to. I would like for the weight loss to stop now and ...