Home > Antabuse > Renal failure > Antabuse and Renal failure
Review: could Antabuse cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 665 people who have side effects while taking Antabuse from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Antabuse and have Renal failure >>>
Antabuse (latest outcomes from 788 users) has active ingredients of disulfiram. It is often used in alcoholism.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 663 people reported to have side effects when taking Antabuse. Among them, 9 people (1.36%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Antabuse when people have Renal failure * :
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Antabuse * :
|Renal failure||22.22%||77.78% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Antabuse * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||66.67%||22.22%||11.11%||0.00% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Antabuse ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Alcoholism (5 people, 55.56%)
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome (1 people, 11.11%)
- Panic attack (1 people, 11.11%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 11.11%)
- Essential hypertension (1 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Campral (2 people, 22.22%)
- Vivitrol (2 people, 22.22%)
- Nitroglycerin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Dilantin (1 people, 11.11%)
- Fentanyl (1 people, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Antabuse?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Antabuse and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Antabuse
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 week ago):
sudden swelling and joint sorrow of the 2nd toe and general light swelling and redness of the fore foot.
From this study (4 months ago):
Still fighting the disease. Also having muscle twitches and heart flutters.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Can antabuse be used when you already have liver cerossis?
My son has aan alcohol problem, hem was diagnosed with chirossis of the liver. He is currently using antabuse but after 3 months taking this it does not have any effect on him anymore. Should he stop using the antabuse because it could harm the liver even further, what else can be used?
- Can a person take antabuse and maxalt together?
I am taking Antabuse for alcoholism . But it's causing severe headaches. Can I try Maxalt for the headache?
More questions for: Antabuse, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
More reviews for: Antabuse, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Antabuse (disulfiram) is often used for alcoholism. Find out below the conditions Antabuse is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Antabuse used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenergan, Imitrex, Protonix, Xanax, Buspar for a 35-year old woman who has Nausea In The Morning - Females, Migraine, GERD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Chronic Depression (8 minutes ago)
- Melatonin for a 58-year old man who has Insomnia (41 minutes ago)
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (45 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Inflammation and Wellbutrin
- Irbesartan and Platelet Count Decreased
- Pustular Psoriasis
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (1 hour ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (8 hours ago)
- Vitamin C
- Carcinoma In Situ Of Penis
- Application Site Fissure
- Completed Suicide