Antabuse and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Antabuse, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old also take medication Campral, and have Alcohol withdrawal syndrome. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Antabuse. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 766 people who have side effects when taking Antabuse from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 29, 2017
766 people reported to have side effects when taking Antabuse.
Among them, 8 people (1.04%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Antabuse *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Antabuse *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 57.14 %
- 40-49: 42.86 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Panic Disorder (1 person, 12.50%)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (1 person, 12.50%)
- Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (1 person, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vivitrol (2 people, 25.00%)
- Campral (2 people, 25.00%)
- Lopressor (1 person, 12.50%)
- Dilantin (1 person, 12.50%)
- Cefazolin (1 person, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (2 people, 25.00%)
- Pancreatitis (2 people, 25.00%)
- Hypotension (2 people, 25.00%)
- Encephalopathy (2 people, 25.00%)
- Blood Alcohol Increased (2 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Antabuse?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of disulfiram.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Antabuse from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Antabuse has active ingredients of disulfiram. It is often used in alcoholism. (latest outcomes from Antabuse 988 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Antabusea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
Wondering off side effects taking Antabuse with a allergy medication' Fulticasone (Flonase) ?? Please let me know if anyone has side-effects and what is the most serious issues that can happen. Please email me, thanks for your time and understanding.