Home > Apriso > Weight gain > Apriso and Weight gain
Review: could Apriso cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Apriso, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Humira, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 281 people who have side effects while taking Apriso from FDA and social media. Among them, 9 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Apriso and have Weight gain >>>
Apriso (latest outcomes from 320 users) has active ingredients of mesalamine. It is often used in ulcerative colitis.
Weight gain (latest reports from 530,688 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 280 people reported to have side effects when taking Apriso. Among them, 9 people (3.21%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Apriso when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Apriso * :
|Weight gain||88.89%||11.11% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Apriso * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Apriso ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (6 people, 66.67%)
- Restless legs syndrome (5 people, 55.56%)
- Pain (5 people, 55.56%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 55.56%)
- Iliotibial band syndrome (5 people, 55.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Humira (6 people, 66.67%)
- Voltaren (5 people, 55.56%)
- Mirapex (5 people, 55.56%)
- Fish oil (5 people, 55.56%)
- Welchol (5 people, 55.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Apriso?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Apriso and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Apriso
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more ...
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Bisoprolol ,ive gained 56 pounds
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Weight Gain)
i had a triple by pass,and was prescribed bisoprolol.since taking it i have gained 4 stones in weight ,ive tried diets ,exercise nothing takes the weight off ,should i stop the tablets.
- Do the side effects of prolia either stop or lessen over the 6 month period between injections?
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Back Pain, Acid Reflux, Fatigue, Abdominal Pain, Osteoarthritis Generalised, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Itching, Weight Gain, Hot Flush, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Pain - Abdomen, and takes Feraheme, Pantoprazole, Prolia)
I am wondering if the side effects of Prolia go away or lessen during the six months it is taken for.
- Has anyone ever had numbness in the feet that was caused by taking asacol, and did anyone ever find out that it somehow blocks the absorption of vitamin b in some way?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Ulcerative Colitis, and takes Asacol)
I have had some numbness in my right foot for a long time due to a broken foot that was set wrong and now sits in my shoes strangely, causing some pain and numbness and swelling. However, recently I've had some numbness in my left foot. After seeing a neurologist on a different matter, she indicat ...
More questions for: Apriso, Weight gain
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lyrica varied widely
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, Bright-red Rash, Swelling Of Ankles, Weight Gain, and takes Lyrica)
I was prescribed Lyrica for treatment of chronic pain. It was ineffective, but it knocked out the symptoms of interstitial. However, it also caused rapid weight gain (I went from 110 to 130 lbs. in just a few weeks) and my ankles started to swell. The pain doctor advised me to discontinue the dru ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Crestor side effects
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Hot Flashes, Joint Swelling, Weight Gain, and takes Crestor)
I'm a vegetarian all my life , very athletic, I work out a lot , I run. In the last year or two My cholesterol seems to go high, my primary Doctor knows that I go for the healthy stuff so he advice a couple of things. But unfortunately nothing woks so he put me on Crestor, it has been a really bad e ...
- Depo provera overdose
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Central Obesity, Obesity, Weight Gain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Vein Disorder, Milk Secretions, Libido Decreased, Infertility Female, Hair Loss, Bone Loss, Acne, Cellulite, Depression, and takes Depo-provera)
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Stopping pristiq for my memory
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Short Term Memory Loss, Weight Gain - Unintentional, and takes Pristiq)
I have been on Pristiq for 3 years. My short term memory loss is a great concern to me. I am 45 and I have questioned my doctor and given my concerns to the point she referred me to a neurologist but said it was not the Pristiq. There is no other drugs I am taking or have taken to cause this proble ...
More reviews for: Apriso, Weight gain
- A study of side effects of Pentasa for a patient with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Jaw Disorder (jaw disease)
Comments: jaw discomfort.
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Minocycline Hydrochloride for a patient with Slow Heart Beat, Rosacea. The patient has Weight Gain
Comments: I also take throxine somac zoloft
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Ringing In The Ears
Comments: My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged and had ringing in the ears. I got them cleaned and the ringing was still there. I noticed it even more when I raised my Zoloft intake.
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Benadryl, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft for a patient with Pain, Itching, Ulcerative Colitis, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cleaned and noticed the ringing. Also noticed the ringing after raising my Zoloft.
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Excessive Hunger Resulting In Headache, Dizziness, Foggy Thoughts, And Irritability, Dry Mouth, Jaw Lesion Excision, Thirst, Weight Gain
Comments: The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
More related studies for: Apriso, Weight gain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.