Review: could Aranesp cause Anaphylaxis?
We study 13,163 people who have side effects while taking Aranesp from FDA and social media. Among them, 63 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Aranesp and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Aranesp (latest outcomes from 13,185 users) has active ingredients of darbepoetin alfa. It is often used in anemia.
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) (latest reports from 109,223 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 13,163 people reported to have side effects when taking Aranesp. Among them, 63 people (0.48%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Aranesp when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aranesp * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aranesp * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Aranesp ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 28.57%)
- Pain in jaw (13 people, 20.63%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 20.63%)
- Renal failure chronic (11 people, 17.46%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 4.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (24 people, 38.10%)
- Nexium (20 people, 31.75%)
- Avandia (17 people, 26.98%)
- Cozaar (16 people, 25.40%)
- Anzemet (15 people, 23.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Aranesp?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Aranesp and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Aranesp
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Seizure after an epipen injection
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can thyroid problems bring on anaphylaxis often?
70 yr old previously stong female: Suspicious of thyroid problems...family history. Fatigue, skin, hair changes, slightly swollen, tender tongue at all times. In the last 6 months I've developed food related anaphalaxis. Getting serious, 3 E.R. runs in last 3 months....packing 2 epipens at all tim ...
- Extremely swollen, red kidneys barely working, liver damage and heart damage she is taking oxgen to keep level at 98, otherwise it goes down to 89. we have been in hospital for 27 hours,
What are her chances of pulling out of this condition?
More questions for: Aranesp, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Aranesp, Anaphylaxis
On eHealthMe, Aranesp (darbepoetin alfa) is often used for anemia. Find out below the conditions Aranesp is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Aranesp used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Aranesp, Anaphylaxis
Recent Aranesp related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Aranesp, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Bipolar Disorder and Pineal Gland Cyst
- Breathlessness and Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Flutter
Recent user comments
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (7 hours ago)
- "Anxiety-driven retching when forcd to perform/present ... " (7 hours ago)
- Lack Of Strength Muscle Weakness Weakness
- Corneal Endothelial Cell Loss
- Dwarf Pine
- Early Satiety