Aranesp and Anaphylaxis - from FDA reports
Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Aranesp, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Anaphylaxis with Aranesp. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 36,254 people who have side effects when taking Aranesp from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
36,254 people reported to have side effects when taking Aranesp.
Among them, 82 people (0.23%) have Anaphylaxis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Aranesp when people have Anaphylaxis *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aranesp *:
- female: 64.1 %
- male: 35.9 %
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Aranesp *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.39 %
- 10-19: 4.17 %
- 20-29: 5.56 %
- 30-39: 2.78 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 56.94 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (18 people, 21.95%)
- Stress And Anxiety (14 people, 17.07%)
- Pain In Jaw (14 people, 17.07%)
- Renal Failure Chronic (11 people, 13.41%)
- Nephrogenic Anaemia (8 people, 9.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (25 people, 30.49%)
- Nexium (22 people, 26.83%)
- Cozaar (17 people, 20.73%)
- Avandia (17 people, 20.73%)
- Anzemet (17 people, 20.73%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (24 people, 29.27%)
- Diarrhea (23 people, 28.05%)
- Hypotension (19 people, 23.17%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (18 people, 21.95%)
- High Blood Pressure (18 people, 21.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis when taking Aranesp?
Aranesp has active ingredients of darbepoetin alfa. It is often used in anemia. (latest outcomes from Aranesp 34,359 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, pain (latest reports from 43,777 Anaphylaxis patients).